Autumn babies 2016 (due Sept, Oct, Nov 2016)

hey everyone sorry been very quiet lately been so busy with work and my daughter onto of being exhausted.

hows everyone doing we now know we are having a boy and a girl we went for a private scan the mr couldn't wait lol our 20 week scan in 11th may so not far off now.

this twin pregnancy is killing me I'm exhausted all of the time my back is in bits my tummy is huge spotty not reached the glowing stage despite being just over 17weeks.

i work in a ed school and the kids are great really excited for me having two babies lol xx

Hi all,

Joining this thread as I am due 21st September. First time for us. Very excited!

Nikki I also have my 20 week scan on 11 May (albeit I will be 21 weeks by then). Can't wait!

Loving the ED forum for all things baby, had never really looked at the Family rooms but they are so good!

Congrats to all.

Congratulations to you too!

We're developing quite the pregnancy gang.

Yes - this site is excellent. Lots of amazing things to buy on here too so you don't have to get everything brand new.

I have a feeling the summer is going to fly by?!

• 3 weeks later...

First baby due at the end of September. Currently 20 weeks and looking forward to meeting other new mums in East Dulwich. Thought I would say "hi". Anybody signed up to the ED NCT course?

Rx

Hi RMH, I am due early September

was looking at the NCT courses online but I think I will go to the bump and baby club one in the end

I have heard lots of good things about all those courses (ariadna, B&B club, NCT) and found it extremely difficult to choose!

if anyone can help with any antenatal recommendations that would be great!

Hi Sdow and Audrey!

Oooh I've not heard about the Bump & Baby club. Is that something in the local area? All my friends with kids say to do the NCT course, so I'm sorting of going along with it...? Was thinking about doing a Hypnobirthing course too, but my friend has leant me her book so I'll see how I get on with that first. Signed up to preggo yoga on Goose Green so looking forward to starting that this weekend.

BTW Sdow- my birthday is on 5th October too! I'm convinced the baby will arrive on my bday and that will be birthdays over for me forever!

Rx

Hi, I haven't signed up to NCT but I have signed up to Bump Baby and Beyond with Ariadna Sole which is meant to be good and similar to NCT I believe. She was recommended to me by my midwife and also the sessions are held above a pub so the husband was happy with that prospect!

Hello,

I've just discovered this thread (I'm a bit of an East Dulwich Forum novice) I'm based in Peckham Rye and having baby number two in October (my daughter is nearly three) I've been feeling absolutely exhausted for most of this pregnancy but I think that is mainly down to my lovely, stubborn, whirlwind of a daughter rather than anything being particular different.

X

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all,

I'm also expecting baby number two in October and have a daughter who is nearly three. I did NCT in my first pregnancy and it was worth every penny. Not so much for the antenatal information but for the firm friendships I formed that helped me get through the early, crazy days and made maternity leave so fab. I also joined a closed Facebook group, which started on here, for Autumn Babies 2013. It turned into a great support network and is still going strong now. I would be happy to set something similar up for Autumn Babies 2016 if that is of interest?

Hope you're all doing well,

Kim

Hi all, I'm expecting baby no. 2 at the end of October. Have my 20+ scan tomorrow! My daughter will just have turned 2 when our second arrives. I'm keen to be in groups/ join meet ups. Got to know some great people via my ED bump group the first time round who I still see regularly. Hope everyone is doing well and over too much first trimester suffering!

Kath

Evening ladies. Hope you're all doing well and that your scan went well today Kath.

I've finally got round to setting up the Facebook group. This is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1110761552329700/

I think you need to request to join and then I approve your request. Or, if you're having difficulty, private message me your email address and name and I can add you that way.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim,

Thanks for setting that up, I think it's a great idea. I agree with you that nct is worth doing just for the people you meet alone. I didn't feel as if it particularly prepared me for having a baby but I don't think anything does!

X

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I live in Peckham Rye and we're expecting our first baby in mid-Oct. All seems to be going well so far; I've been lucky and avoided most of the difficult stuff, though I get out of breath very easily and have a slightly numb left leg - lovely!

I've signed up to the Adriana course starting mid-July and keen to find other ways to meet mums-to-be, too. I'd definitely be interested in any meet-ups. Are you using the fb group more than this thread now? Kim, I'm not on fb - presume I'd need to join to be able to access the private group?

Tash xx

Hi

Hope everyone is well! :)

I live locally in East Dulwich and am expecting our first baby 10th of October. Please may I join the facebook group? My NCT classes at the moment are likely to be near work rather than near home so I'm eager to meet some other local mums-to-be.

Best

Clare