Morning sickness

HOMum

Definitely see your GP/midwife. Like has already been said they need to make sure you're not dehydrated and make sure you don't have something else underlying such as a urine infection.

I suffered badly. Like a really awful hangover that went on and on and got worse as the day went on instead of better. Sleep helps. And eating and drinking lots. But I didn't find anything that really gave any relief (I tried every remedy I could find on the internet and acupuncture) apart from medication. I took half a sickness tablet at night (half because I felt really guilty about it) and it meant I could get through the night without vomiting and function for work the next day. Like JollyBaby says lots of medicines are licensed for this use and are widely used.

The good news is that from now on it will all feel a breeze. Labour, sore nipples and sleepless nights will feel easy compared to this stage. Good luck (and I had a girl, maybe it's true!).

To those who had hyperemesis, did it come back again with second pregancies (I see you have had it all teh way through BanJo :-( )? I had it with my first, and consultant said "over 50%" chance of it coming back with subsequent pregnancies, but no one seems to be able to tell me anything about why it happens. I'm just not sure how soon I can cope with that again. I tried all sorts of medication, and nothing worked (didn't go for the one that needed drip administration tho). It is so grim - only the thought of another child could make it worht it!

I'm 3 weeks away and still being sick though now once a week not 3-4 times a day so it does get better. Echos of what everyone else has said - just make sure you get enough fluid and have your pregnancy multi-vit daily as well as un-fussy foods (I remember things like dried oat cakes, plain toast were helpful) Good luck!