booking a vaccination slot

I don't doubt that is not news ,but it is now possible to go online and check whether the system has reached your level of eligibilty .If so you can book a slot

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

there is a disclaimer about it's use but you will only be allowed to book if eligible and it's use is being encouraged by 119 ( ttest and trace) and by HP.

worth checking daily .

siousxiesue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Penguin68 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Which suggests (come that day) they had Pfizer

> > spare which would have had to be junked

> otherwise.

> > Better to vaccinate out of sequence than to

> throw

> > the vaccine away.

>

> Quite agree!

Out of Sequence ?

I will be 69 in April

I have Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Asthma.

My peak flow breathing rate is 200-250. It should be above 500

My lungs are not working that good.

Should of got my Vaccine weeks ago.

Fox

You are getting your vaccine on Thursday, from what you posted, and you would qualify I think in Tier 4 - with over 70s and those under 70 who are severely at risk (although I think that should mainly be those required to self isolate). Those were promised a first vaccine by mid February - which you will be getting. Those ahead of you were those in Care Homes, much older or who are front-line health workers, including those working in Care Homes.

My reference to 'out of sequence' is to those who wouldn't have qualified in the first 6 Tiers but who were available to use up a deteriorating vaccine that would otherwise have been wasted. But who would have been vaccinated at some time.

But you are not shielding, Dulwich Fox, are you?

I know you are 68 and ill, but It was people over 70, and people advised to shield (as clinically extremely vulnerable), who received appointments earlier.

If you were shielding you would have been receiving letters which amongst other things strongly advised you not to go to the shops, even to a pharmacy, but to get all your shopping online or via somebody else.

On another thread I suggested you ask your GP if you thought you should have been classified as clinically extremely vulnerable.

Anyway, it's irrelevant now and I'm glad you are getting your first jab :)

Sue.

I am not Isolating.. I have not been told to isolate..

I have had face to face appointments at

Kings (MRI and CT scans) Brain and Orbits

St Thomas' hospital Cataracts 2 appointments

Tessa Jowell center ... Diabetic Eye Clinic.

Tessa Jowell Center Blood Tests HbA1c Glycated Haemoglomin test

DMC Face to face Flu Jab

DMC Face to face Blood Tests Vit B12

DMC Blood Pressure Test

So not too worried about going out for shopping for food.

I think St Thomas' wanted me to have my Covid Jabs so they can have me in for my Cataracts.

My Diabetic Eye screening results were clear with no Retina damage.

Foxy

Foxy, I only meant that you were not in one of the priority groups for getting the vaccine, either because of your age or because of being categorised as clinically extremely vulnerable.

So, far from complaining that you should have had your jab weeks ago, you should be very grateful that in fact you have had it earlier than the vast majority of people in your age group!

I hope your cataract ops go well!

🙂

Sue Wrote:

> Foxy, I only meant that you were not in one of the

> priority groups for getting the vaccine, either

> because of your age or because of being

> categorised as clinically extremely vulnerable.

>

>

> So, far from complaining that you should have had

> your jab weeks ago, you should be very grateful

> that in fact you have had it earlier than the vast

> majority of people in your age group!

>

> I hope your cataract ops go well!

>

> 🙂

I was not complaining But I was unsure Why I was contacted by Guys and St Thomas'

Local people who I know that have had the Vaccine were contacted by The Tessa Jowell Center.

I Have now been offered a Vaccine at Kings or PRUH ?? ,

The Email appeared to come from DDC or ADZ Dental Pracice

They had previously sent me an email saying I had not replied to a Recall Reminder

Do not remember such a Recall Reminder.

I gave up using them shortly after I retired in 2008 as I no longer had Dental / Medical Insurance.

I have not used ADZ Dental Pratice (Private) for over 10 years

The latest email said to ignore it if I had made alternative arrangements ?

That's worrying as if they checked my NHS number they would know I have been Vaccinated.

Foxy

A 68 year old I know locally had a text invite to attend Guy's or St Thomas'. He went to Guy's where he got the Pfizer jab but declined the free tea or coffee afterwards.

Another local person I know, 67, got a text from KCH inviting attendance at KCH or PRU. 36 hours later had an appointment at KCH where they got the Pfizer jab and a 'I've had a jab' sticker but no tea or coffee.

Both trips were efficient and all done, including waiting, within the hour.

Booking a vaccination slot is not straight forward, lots of menu's to navigate, continual referrals to the NHS website and very difficult to speak to a person.

Well Matt, if you don't make it simple, no wonder people are becoming dis-illusioned in getting the jab.

My wife spoke to a member of EDMC a couple of days ago, turns out she was supposed to have been offered a jab some time ago along with me. Even though she asked a GP there last week about it, she was told that we weren't eligible yet and would be contacted "in due course".

Got it done today at the Tessa Jowell Centre, the staff there were fantastic. So good I'm going to ask to be switched over to them as my GP had quite enough of the failed EDMC.

So if you feel that you fit into one of the vulnerable groups / have a long term condition, DO contact your GP or their admin team and find out if you can get your vaccination booked.

EDIT: They are currently offering the Pfizer and Oxford vaccines. Allow for an extra 15 minutes after the jab as they want to make sure you don't have any immediate reaction or side effects.

jazzer Wrote:

> Booking a vaccination slot is not straight

> forward, lots of menu's to navigate, continual

> referrals to the NHS website and very difficult to

> speak to a person.

>

> Well Matt, if you don't make it simple, no wonder

> people are becoming dis-illusioned in getting the

> jab.

Its your last sentence I was rubbishing. Evidence please

Right, try calling the 119 number to speak with someone, it's a maze of menu's that does not include an option to speak with someone. If the process is not simple and straight forward I believe people may get fed up and not bother. (although I feel Everyone should be vaccinated)

Eventually spoke to someone and was told it would be my Practice which put me in the group I am in and the NHS can't change that. One of the staff at the surgery today said it was the NHS the other said it was the surgery who categorised patients. So no clarity there then.

Funnily having spoken with the dept I am under at Kings, who said the opposite, that I was deemed to be in the vulnerable group and should be vaccinated. I was offered a vaccination today. The process at Kings was efficient, effective and very well organised. As an add on to this, it was clear that those being vaccinated were of a wide range of ages.

Booked for myself and my husband using 119. Took about 10 mins to book 1st and 2nd appts for both of us. Had vaccinations at Junction Pharmacy in Coldharbour Lane. We were the only people there for vaccinations. Staff lovely, pharmacy spotlessly clean. Whole process took about 15 mins. Well pleased!