Case closed

samj

Is this the thread you mean?

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?25,521014,521014#msg-521014

My understanding is that the Admin will normally only take this kind of action where he has been able to verify that a person using different EDF accounts or the same computer or core email account (both of which can be traced) has posted fake recommendations for their own business (which is also illegal).

If you ever did decide to take action, that evidence would have to be produced. Generally, Trading Standards take a much dimmer view of that kind of behaviour than they do of privately run, not-for-profit forums like this taking a view on who they will and won't allow to post.

I also think you will find you've just advertised this issue well beyond where it would have been before your two posts.

• Administrator

Hi SamJ

Why are we making accusations? (Notice I left out the false bit there).

From the beginning...

There were a few posts on the forum recommending Butterfly Nannies, and it was brought to our attention that they were suspicious. Having had issues with these nannies not following the rules of the forum previously we investigated. Here's an example of two posts:

25/08/2010 9:09 PM

Author: hannah blades

IP (92.7.111.55)

...I highly recommend them....

25/08/2010 10:31 PM

Author: kerry James

IP (92.7.111.55)

...Would recommend them too...

Notice the IP addresses are the same.

hannah blades email address is [email protected]

Kerry James email address is [email protected]

I am only making these details public to explain my case

The contact details given on http://www.butterflynannies.co.uk/contact-us/ are for

n.gordon and eva.verissimo

blimey they're similar!

I have also been sent an email from "Hannah Blades":

"I AM SLIGHTLY CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT I HAVE JUST BEEN INFORMED BY ANOTHER USER.

I HAVE ALSO CONTACTED THE DIRECTOR OF BUTTERFLY NANNIES RE YOUR DISGUSTING MESSAGE ABOUT THEM.

I SIMPLY RECOMMENDED THEM YESTERDAY AND NOW MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN BLOCKED!

WHY IS THIS?"

HANNAH BLADES 07940 xxx xxx":

The email address it was sent from was the email account of nyron gordon ([email protected]). And what is it with all these capital letters? Is your only keyboard having issues?

And finally, samj, I put it to you that your IP address, 92.7.111.55, is the same as Hannah Blades and Kerry James, or should I say Eva Verissimo and Nyron Gordon.

*theatrical pause whilst the audience gasps*

Now the Fraud Act 2006 particularly the bit under the heading "Fraud by false representation" says that it's wrong to do what you have done.

As I see it you have two options

1) Let's forget this issue, (just send me an email saying let's call it quits) and I will remove all traces of this sorry episode on the forum and your company must never be mentioned on the forum again. A win-win situation.

2) You continue with your threat of "TAKING THIS MATTE FUTHER AND BE LOOKING TO HAVE THE FORUM SHUT DOWN" and there will be no winners.

You decide.

The http://www.butterflynannies.co.uk site is literate, educated, and well presented. Eva Verissimo says she is educated to the equivalent of Master's degree level.

I think her agency is being very badly let down by both the style and content of Samantha's post. Is there any certainty that Samantha truly is writing on behalf of the agency? Someone wanting to deliberately harm them could well have done worse than to write in similar mode.

Just checked out the web site, interestingly the testimonials are badly written, although I suppose Mrs R of Clapham could be writing English as a foreign launguage:

?A friendly, efficient service for both babysitting and for nanny recruitment. Butterfly Nannies are always honest about what I can expect to get from my nanny and how much I will need to pay and she gives me swift feedback on available candidates and post-interview interest. The babysitting service is efficient and hassle-free and the quality of staff is excellent.?

Mrs R. Clapham

Also they bang on about their excellent reputation yet it's unclear how they've managed to obtain this reputation given the conduct on here and the fact they've only just started trading hmmm...

Hello Admin,

Erm...I posted on this thread (I think mine was the second post)...I just wondered why it is no longer here. Presumably it has been deleted. TBH it doesn't really matter as I wasn't really saying anything that important (other than pointing out the Forum's rules with regard to capital letters), but I am interested in the logic (or not) behind the deletion. No offence is intended.

Thanks.

blackmamba Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

>

> Also they bang on about their excellent reputation

> yet it's unclear how they've managed to obtain

> this reputation given the conduct on here and the

> fact they've only just started trading hmmm...

For balance and being aware I've reported much more than my fair share of suspected self referees, it is possible they have reputations in their fields as individuals and have just started trading under this name. I'd also say their conduct on here is thus far potentially naive (charitably) and they will take the advise to withdraw.

That'd be for the best all round really eh? There's lovely.

>And Eva and Nyron are engaged [per the NOTW article: the original's here btw: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/168005/I-only-eat-chocolate-Achalasia-sufferer-Eva-Verissimo-just-has-to-eat-chocolate-to-survive.html]

Whereas a week later in her blog of 16 February 2009 she says she's been married to him for two years. http://allabouttula.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=16

I'd attribute that one to the journo storymongers: young + single = more attractive/saleable/valuable.

And to think, only a few hours ago, I didn't even know nanny traders existed.

• Administrator

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello Admin,

>

> Erm...I posted on this thread (I think mine was

> the second post)...I just wondered why it is no

> longer here.

Hello Ladymuck

I'm not sure why it is no longer here, there's no record of it anywhere. The only reason I can think of is that you posted against one of the several of samj's posts that were SPRAYED ACROSS THE FORUM, just as they were being removed. There was no intentional removal of your post so apologies for any confusion that my actions caused.