The Cheese Block

Jocky

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jocky sunbeam, you had a guid entry intae East

> Dulwich, welcomed wi oapen airms. Dinnae be a

> Fanny noo and come the wideo eh. Settle doon ken.

> East Dulwich, Barry eh. Keep it that way eh no.

Excuse me? What is this strange dialect you speak?

Alan Medic Wrote:

> What does a man being a complete fanny mean or

> were you just shocked by the cost of the cheese?

> If Lidl sold the same product at half the price

> I'd head there too regardless of how sound the guy was.

But it's not the same product Alan. By all means take the hump on price but compare apples with apples first.

MrBen Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > What does a man being a complete fanny mean or

> > were you just shocked by the cost of the

> cheese?

> > If Lidl sold the same product at half the price

> > I'd head there too regardless of how sound the

> guy was.

>

> But it's not the same product Alan. By all means

> take the hump on price but compare apples with

> apples first.

But Mr.Wilson didn't indicate what type of cheddar it was so it could be comparing apples with apples, though I expect not.

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

> MrBen, was Jocky gettin wide likes?

Aye ey wis. Ye cannae cum oan here n ca' the boy a fanny jist coz ye dinnae huv the poppy fir his gear likesay. N the boys fae Dalkeith!

siousxiesue Wrote:

> I stopped shopping in here after the guy serving

> us sneezed into his hand and carried on serving us

> and handling our food!

That's disgusting. If there's one thing I can't bare, it's poor hygiene.

Louisa.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• What do you think the chances are of mass lawlessness breaking out or a fatal stabbing happening? You say when which i don't follow because everything else aside i have not seen or heard/ read about any kind of rowdiness or trouble in the time that this event has taken place. I live opposite the Rye just along from Barry road and see the crowds come and go all quite peacefully to my surprise. There's nothing rowdy or aggressive about them, no signs of mass lawlessness breaking out or that they might get a bit stabby.
    • Ha yes that was me in the Fantasy!  Enjoy the Spurs experience tomorrow - I am a season ticket holder there but a fairly large chap so have tried to fine tune my trips there of late to involve less walking! I usually get the 185 to Vauxhall and then jump on the tube to seven sisters, then there are four diff buses (all ending in 9) that you can get from there straight to the ground, straight up the high road - although if you leave it too near kick off, they shut the road off (about two hours before) so you may have a bit of a walk (a lot do do the walk, but it is a good mile and a bit!). Would advise getting to seven sisters about three hours before ko if want to avoid the walk. Another option is get train to London Bridge and tube to Liverpool Street (or bus to liverpool street) then train straight to white hart lane. these will run right up to kick off but involve a bit more walking. https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2024/may/travel-information-for-fans-attending-the-investec-champions-cup-final/ this may help too
    • Depending on where you are you could try https://www.libraryofthings.co.uk/  
    • No, I've never actually even seen her in the constituency. This website suggest she's mildly obsessed with Gaza with has nothing whatsoever to do with our constituency.  https://www.helenhayes.org.uk/news_updates
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In