The Street - Anna Friel

Mick Mac

Well this episode features Anna Friel and it took 1.5 mins into the episode before Anna got her boobs out in the shower.

Shocking. Just 1.5 mins after the watershed. I could easily have missed that.

Worth watching though - Jimmy McGovern always builds a fantastic plot. The previous week with Timothy Spall and Bob Hoskins was superb.

Its fantastic that the BBC can put such a strong cast list together. Real Drama.

Yeah caught it last week, was good again this week. Observer review had it about right. In another writers hands and with lesser casts these tales would probably veer into sentimentality & schmaltz.

But they manage to stay well away from that and produce great performances and bleak but heart warming tales. Thought the leads tonight were great. Very believable. Nice boobies too ;)

Get in there eh fella's!

License fee's well spent all round and no expense spared.

Apart from Anna getting them out I'm a great fan of The Street. A very crisp breath of fresh air compared to the usual junk on the box. Unfortunately I missed last weeks episode but I heard it was very good nonetheless.

I thought it was good. Same formula, another simple tale, well told with a heart warming ending that keeps the right side of saccherine.

I thought wassissname was basically a pretty boy who couldn't act. A michael praed for the ironic generation. But he was excellent, worked with it really well.

Plus got to see our Anna again, always great even if she kept her clothes on this time.