kennedy's sausages

ashley

I am really missing Kennedy's sausages since they closed down. Has anyone discovered another sausage that comes close to them. My owners are offering up some very inferior substitutes, frankly I don't think they are trying very hard. Please help, I know you lot like your grub.

the frog on the green in nunhead has lovely sausages only a few types at a time but they change a lot, (they also have really good selection of cheese there I noticed that the prices are about a third cheaper than mootown's)

and the van on northcross rd has really nice ones (try the italian one's)

• 1 year later...

The sausage lady on this forum Lily123 sells very nice & tasty sausage , Lincons & Cumberlands ect & they deliver her husband is a butcher so knows his stuff.

Through the mist of time I do remember Kennedy's being a bit too salty.

Simply sausages are excellent though

W**F

Talking about this to some old South Londoners only yesterday.

They said that the WAlworth Branch was closed and I said all of them have gradually gone as the demand has decresed due to the demographic in the areas that they were situated changing.

Used to come back to South London and buy 6 lbs of Chipolatas and put them into the freezer.

Great shame but I haven't found a decent substitute.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a batch of the Ken and Eddies sausages from Villagers Sausages in Beckenham last week and they are pretty close to the long lost Kennedys Sausage - good texture, and a nice peppery flavour.

Well worth a try for anyone missing their Kennedys fix