baby friendly week night dinner out near London Bridge, suggestions ?

dibden

I am hoping to meet some friends for a week night dinner with a new baby. From ED the easiest meet up suggested location seems to be London Bridge.

I dont need a kids food menu, baby will only be a few weeks old but need changing facilities and somewhere that is ok with a breastfeeding and likely crying unsettled baby at times.

I don't fancy Wagamamma as I really want somewhere with decant chairs so I can breast feed.

Anyone got any suggestions of where to go?

I lived in London Bridge when my son was born and when he was very young (10 days) we had a successful evening out at Cafe Nawaz - just behind the hospital on Snowsfields. I don't think there was a changing table but the restaurant was very quiet so it was fine to do it on a mat in the loos.

I was also going to suggest Cote (who definitely do have changing facilities, but you need to ask as they're based in the disabled loo which is basically the staff loo).

Word of warning on the above suggestion of the Woolpack - I went there a few times with my baby and they were fine but quite strict on their no children after 5pm (or maybe 4?) rule. I went there for a late lunch with my mum when he was very small and they warned me several times what time they were going to throw me out.

We didn't go out much with him in the evenings beyond the first couple of weeks so I'm not sure about other places' baby friendliness at night, but there's also an Italian on Borough High Street (Alma?) that is usually pretty quiet and might be accomodating. And Taz (also Borough High Street) were very good with us a couple of times in the daytime (although you have to go downstairs to change, and again no specific changing table). Or there's a Pizza Express very near the station which is always a failsafe. Generally speaking though, I would advise calling most places ahead just to check they're alright with you bringing the baby in the evening.

Enjoy!