ideas for party bag fillers

I've done glow sticks before (better in winter when going home in the dark), curly straws, mini windmills. There are also sites where you can make your own word search with words of your choice and print them off. I did magnifying glasses and disguises for a detective party. Tiger do amazing portable disco balls - they are really not cheap esp if buying a lot, but both my kids - 8.5 and 6 - love them. If you have something cool like that and some sweets then that can be better than lots of little things that last 2 mins.

I bought a Disney car each for my son's party and they were a real hit with girls and boys, tho I did buy a back up cheap lip gloss from Peckham pound shop just in case - around ?3-4 each but if you then add cake and a punch ball balloon or similar that's enough :)

One unique idea - don't do them. We tried it and after the initial surprise no-one was that bothered and you save a huge amount of waste and expense, not to mention breaking the cycle which puts pressure on other people to do the same.