Investment

Truss77

I think the offer is no longer there. I read today in FT that The Carlyle Group acquire the whole business!!! Apparently director was first to be layoff to make it better. Rumor say he is on french riviera right now thinking of starting next business with very good turn over.

Bless him.

#vERYgOODtURNoVER

Truss77

People are being funny as your post didn't give any information about what you want investment in and for

Checking your username on here you put your real name down as l building and landscaping ltd.

A search on the web came up with http://www.checkatrade.com/LBuildingandLandscapingLtd/Report.aspx

My advice is of you are seeking investment then maybe give more detail to assist people in making a decision otherwise as Lord Sugar says "you're fired"

This 'PM me' stuff rather misses the point of this forum, which is full of massive nosey parkers (like me!). Put it out there! It's why we're here :)

Having said that, if you do get PM's from discreet philanthopists, fair play.

If not, tell us the basics (what do you need and what are you offering in return?), and if it's a fair trade then you'll get offers.

As it stands, all we know is that the checkatrade listing Artful linked to says your company is not VAT registered, which means that "very good turnover" is somewhere less than ?83k per year. Thats ok, "very good" is all relative. We also know that a few months ago the company's statement of capital was ?1k (from a quick look on the Companies House website). Maybe that means the company would benefit from investing in a bit more equipment? Fair enough. We don't know why the company hasn't got a loan from a bank if it requires investment. Bank interest rates are annoying, and of course bankers are the root of all mankind's ills, but they're still going to offer a better deal than the canny and parsimonious members of EDF (if the buying and selling sections of the forum are anything to go by).

So come on, what's the score?

People don't get that it's not what you've done in the past that matters...

It can be used in risk assessment but it is all about what what your projection for the future and what you are going to do so you can reach your goals ...

My view is that some people got brilliant ideas and no capital but business doesn't come from ideas... comes from people who are driven to turn ideas into reality that turns into ??? and as someone already mentioned (turnover doesn't mean shit) it's all about the number of ? that you make as profit out of every ? you invest .

If I was to start again .

I'd probably start trading with small cheap stuff then bigger cheap stuff then would move forward till I get the capital I need to finance my big idea .

People who cannot reach their goals without others help are never gonna be successful especially if they can't even openly talk about their business (idea) ..

If you are not confident enough to shout and grab people's attention then go back to the corner where you belong