Thameslink from Denmark Hill

I'm thinking of getting a Thameslink train from Denmark Hill to St Pancras tomorrow at about 7.30am.

A few months ago there were a number of posts complaining about how bad and overcrowded Thameslink services were, especially during the rush hour, but I haven't read any such posts recently. I'd be grateful if people could tell me whether the situation has improved on this service or whether it is still bad.

Many thanks.

It's busy, but certainly the best way to get to St Pancras locally. Lots of people get off there to go to work at Kings, so if you position yourself on the platform near one of the flights of stairs more people generally get off than try to get on. 7.30am is pretty early too, you should be fine.

The 8:16 from Peckham Rye was >5 minutes late today - and rammed solid. Time keeping generally seems to have become a little better since the continuous shambles a couple of months ago. Agree it is unfortunately still the best way to get to Farringdon / St Pancras...

LondonMix Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The 8:39 from Denmark Hill was 5 minutes late and

> very busy but it was fine. It's still the fastest

> way for me to get into work. Door to door my

> commute to the city is circa 35 min from ED which

> isn't bad at all.

It bombed along today though :)

I used to get the 7.34 from Peckham until April when I left my job. Sometimes it was rammed at Peckham & you had to force your way on, sometimes not... and I always felt sorry for people trying to struggle on at Denmark hill. A few people get off at the Elephant, and practically empties by the time it gets to Farringdon....glad I don't commute this way anymore.