Moving to Underhill Road SE22 - Need to transfer GP - any recommendations please

The Forest Hill Road Group Practice (1 Forest Hill Road) has many fans but lost appreciation lately because of a failing appointments system - a new system was put into place recently and my own experience is that things are much better. In general the GPs (and nurses) at all the practices get good ratings, it is their systems and office support staff (or lack of them) which have enraged posters. Some of them undoubtedly over-trade - and some of them rely too much on contract (locum) staff. I have been at the Forest Hill Road practice for close to 30 years, and have been generally happy with my choice.

I originated this lengthy thread a few months back when steam was coming out of my ears in desperate frustration at the state of the place, particularly the difficulty in getting an appointment and the abysmal administration when for example repeat prescriptions had been lost or hadn't been signed and hospital consultations lost by them too.

IMHO It has slightly improved, there are more doctors so appointments are now easer to obtain. The admin too is a little better and hopefully improving too.

From what I have picked up about other places (The Gardens excepted) I don't think there is much point in me changing. So, I suppose I am saying that if you can't get into The Gardens Surgery then you might as well give Forest Hill Road a go.

I hope this helps.

I can't praise the Forest Hill Road Group Practice highly enough. I've never had a problem getting an appointment in the 40 years I've been registered, and have always found the doctors, nurses, and reception staff to be exceptionally competent and helpful.

Yeah whatever you do, avoid Dulwich Medical Centre, I moved their from a practice in the middle of Elephant & Castle Aylesbury Estate - worst mistake I ever made. Just don't get sick and you'll fine....

Forest Hill Practice in our house on Underhill ! Myself and my partner moved to them from the Lordship lane surgery, after a horrible incident with the Dr I was under during a serious illness, which ended up with my consultant from kings writing him a stinking letter.

Anyhow ... since we moved to the forest hill group practice, we've had great care from the Drs there so far.