flashpark parking charge lordship lane vet

wodey

Hi, has anyone else been caught out with a parking ticket outside Lordship Lane Vets up by the south circular? I have parked along that strip of shops for many years without restrictions. More recently some parking spaces have 'No Parking' written across them but the vets, which i use a fair bit, don't have any sign outside. On this occasion I was using a neighbouring shop but could not see any reason that i couldn't park outside the Vets. It was only when i received a parking charge notice and went back to see what I had missed that i was shown 2 notices alongside other posters in the shops darkened glass windows. To me, as a driver, it really isn't obvious (or the type of sign i would be looking for) unless you are standing at the shop window.

FlashPark is a private company working on their behalf, I have appealed but this has been declined. IS THIS LEGAL?!?

I cannot see sense in marked bays being 'NO PARKING'

Only authorised wardens can issue tickets so how would they know if you were using a particular shop

and parked outside another.

Warren Evans (Hand made beds) in Clapham Junction hasin NO PARKING outside their showroom but they can issue you with

a pass that enables you to park outside whilst in their shop.

Is this the same up my the vets.. ?

DulwichFox

I think each shop there has individual parking for their use and for their own customers only. I don't know about the legality of the wardens and parking tickets but I do think that places like the vets, and the tile shop for that matter, need parking for their own customers.

I've been using the parking spaces outside the vet for many years when taking my cats in, and it has always been clear to me that the spaces are for the use of the surgery's customers, in the way that the spaces outside the tile and bath shops are for the exclusive use of their customers. Regardless of the signs, I would have thought it was obvious that these spaces are for the use of the vets' clients. If I need to use any of the other shops in the parade, then I park in Melford Road and have never had a problem finding a space in all the years I've lived round her.

Growlybear Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been using the parking spaces outside the vet

> for many years when taking my cats in, and it has

> always been clear to me that the spaces are for

> the use of the surgery's customers, in the way

> that the spaces outside the tile and bath shops

> are for the exclusive use of their customers.

> Regardless of the signs, I would have thought it

> was obvious that these spaces are for the use of

> the vets' clients. If I need to use any of the

> other shops in the parade, then I park in Melford

> Road and have never had a problem finding a space

> in all the years I've lived round her.

I totally agree.

That row of shops is terrible for parking anyway and I dread taking my cats to the vets there. What happens if there is no parking outside the vets then what are you supposed to do? The other shops are not accommodating so maybe the shops need to work together. I've spoken to the other shops a few times with just an unhelpful response. I used to park in the Harvesters across the road but now that land has been unused and blocked for a few years? Trying to turn left coming up from LL into the bus lane is bad and then trying to turn left or right out of the vets is a feat in itself!

Looks like this private company Flashpark is taking advantage of the situation!

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That row of shops on LL is a disgrace, cars parked

> not just on the private parking spaces, but also

> on the pavement.

>

> The red route along there (as that section of LL

> is TfL managed) caused all of these parking issues

> in the first place.

But it would be a nightmare if you could park on the road, surely?

I think you can park on the road (saw some lines and a car parked there the other day)but there is a sign so must be restrictive, how you have the time to read the sign I'm not sure.

I use the barbers sometimes and recently had to park briefly by the vets (literally 3 mins) for the first time the other day. I will not pay a fine if I get one.

I am all in favour of customer only parking, i have 3 pets registered there for regular check ups. My point is that i have never noticed these signs as they are stuck on the inside of darkened windows which does not make them prominent to a driver in contrast to the signs posted clearly outside the tiling shop.

I'm surprised OP who has 3 pets that s/he takes to the vets for check-ups uses these spaces for parking when not visiting the vets as they must realise how vital they can be when taking sick pets to be seen at the vets. I too have been well aware of the signs for many years.