East Dulwich police station have selectDNA kits available

karter

East Dulwich police station have selectDNA kits available. Just paint them on your goods and the mini discs DNA dries to an invisible status. If you are unfortunate enough to have goods stolen and the police find your stuff then they can trace the goods to you directly rather than just reading some ultraviolet letters with an ultraviolet light as they will have your details stored already. Brilliant idea.

I am waiting for ADMIN to attach a pdf to this posting as my system would not allow it.

edited due to another blooming spelling mistake

• Administrator

Taken from the PDF which is too large to attach to a message:

FREE - Property Marking Kits

Thanks to funding obtained from Dulwich Community Council we have 1000 SelectaMark property marking kits to give out to householders in East Dulwich ward. The forensic property marking kits can be used to mark any valuable property from small items such as jewellery to larger items such as bicycles and cars and can quickly link stolen items to a crime scene. Each kit comes with tamper proof warning stickers and window stickers which in themselves act as a deterrent to any would be thieves. Contact the East Dulwich Safer Neighbourhoods team to get your free kit.

East Dulwich Safer Neighbourhoods team

0208 721 2447

07920 233912

email: [email protected]

I had a PCSO come to my door the other night with one of these kits - they do seem very easy to use. She said there had been a lot of burglaries in this area recently.

I told her I had nothing worth stealing but she seemed to disbelieve me (I once had my door kicked in and the house turned over, including the mattresses, and whoever it was left without taking a thing - admittedly that was twenty five years ago and I have since acquired a computer and a telly :)) )

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Good question. Selectamark, SmartWater and the

Selectamark and Smartwater are essentially the same product - just different manufactures so there are no real advantage to having one over the other.

Why are the police giving out different things? - I believe that the Smartwarter was funded by Southwark Police, whilst the Selectamark was purchased with cash from Southwark Council & the assistance of a local councillor.... although dont quote me on this.

SelectDNA? Does that mean that the property gets marked with your own DNA as a means of identifying you as its owner?

If that is the case then it sounds more like a crafty attempt by the police to build up their sinister DNA database on the sly!

SAY NO TO THE BIG BROTHER STATE!!!!

I love the conspiracy theory!!

There is no personal DNA involved in this that the police or SelectDNA get hold of. The DNA part is merely stating that each product is completely unique. Although personally as a law abiding member of the community I would not be concerned if the police wanted to take my DNA and store it... but that is a topic for discussion else where.

Helpful

As a law abiding citizen YOU SHOULD be worried what the government will do with your DNA. Right now we live in a fairly stable and accountable democracy, however that could change. If the DNA database does fall into the wrong hands in the future the possibilites for evil deeds are endless.

----secret genetic experiments,

----oppression and imprisonment of people identified as having certain genetic characteristics,

----the fitting up of "dissenters" for crimes...etc..etc.

My DNA is my most personal information, it is part of what defines me as a human being. What right do the government have to own that data?? I am not owned by anyone!

I'm a citizen and I emailed the Met for a SelectDNA kit and haven't heard a peep from them.

ps eater81, you're not a law abiding citizen, you told us here that you broke the law, ergo the rest of your message is unreliable/poop. And do you really think that I SHOULD worry about what they're going to do with my electrical good's DNA? What about my white good's DNA? If they imprisoned my fridge for having a certain characteristic I'd be stuck, well for a bit anyway until I got a new one.

eater81, you're great!! Having already established that this does NOT involve actual human genetic DNA, and is just a unique identifier, you still persist with your conspiracy gibberish!

Secret genetic experiments (on my DVD player). "Gattaca" style genetic oppression (of Mark's fridge). "Fitting up" of dissenters (and karter's laptop). And who can tell what other evil madness!!

I don?t have the sargeant?s phone number with me as i am currently in Spain but will dig it out when back.

Hopefully noone on this forum knows where we live.Good job i have good friends and family.

BTW Mark, there was other usefulinfo on that pdf file i sent you guys. What happened to the crack international team of geekoid techies that could have copied and pasted the info?Useful stuff on local businesses alerts and residentialtips. This hotelcomputer is crap so forgive many errors.

karter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What happened to the crack international team of geekoid techies ...?

They're on extended holiday now, you only mentioned the selectDNA kit information before so that's what the they copied and pasted. If there's other information on the PDF that you think is useful you should paste it on here.