Rat at Sainsburys (Lounged)

poppylucky

I had the shock and fright of my life when i went to visit sainsburys last night, i took my trolley from outside and a huge rat lurched towards me, i screamed and fled for my life as it was a nasty big bugger and i looked round thinking it was chasing me, all scruffy and grey with big yellow teeth. If i had been with a small child, it could easily have taken down that child. I'm really concerned now as i know theres a nursery closeby...

Have anyone else experienced any rats in the area (the rodent types that is!....)?

Poppy

I'm sure there are many rats outside of Sainsburys. As this is an urban area, there's probably little we can do aside from not leaving large amounts of waste in open bins (or increase the cat population which would be equally frightening!).

I wanna see rats start taking down children outside Sainsburys: in the same way that there are too many rats and too many cats, some might say there are too many kids round here.

Natural selection my friends - if the kid can't outrun vermin, it's going down.

Parents, you've been warned - get the offspring in training now: 50 metre dash and maybe a few goes on the bat-the-rat down the arcades.

My dad hit a rat with his walking stick once. Big black brute with red eyes (rat, not dad), just outside Southwark Cathedral.

A couple of years back, I witnessed a whole rat colony running in bushes outside Tower Hill tube station - thousands of 'em.

There's a lot of them about!

I'm still trembling after my encounter at Sainsburys! i'm not going shopping there in the night until it gets lighter in the summer. I mentioned it to a few neighbours and friends and it seems that everyone has a rat story to tell...theres more rats then people now apparently and yes i believe one is no more than a few feetaway from a huge one.

My friend ad told me a stry of how she got chased by a colony of those huge buggers near the Camden Canal where she went jogging, they chased her for half a mile down the footpath!.

I never realised they could grow so big, about the size of a cat some of them, even the cats are frightened of them! i have another friend in Tottenham and along the high street on the green, in full view of shoppers they huge ones emerge from underground and take on the local cats, who come off much worse she told me.

brum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My dad hit a rat with his walking stick once. Big

> black brute with red eyes (rat, not dad), just

> outside Southwark Cathedral.

>

> A couple of years back, I witnessed a whole rat

> colony running in bushes outside Tower Hill tube

> station - thousands of 'em.

>

> There's a lot of them about!

here we go again, bringing colour into the equation. whats its colour got to do with the story, would it have been mentioned if it had been a white or pink rat, i think not.;-)

What the fuck , a rat , in London ? surely you can't be serious , in London, a Rat ? , can not believe it. By the shopping trolleys ? in London, East Dulwich, by a large food store ? A Rat , London, a capital city in a 24hr globalised economy, In London, a Rat, by some trolleys, where people push food around in, In London a rat are you sure and a scruffy one, fuck me !

AllforNun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What the @#$%& , a rat , in London ? surely you

> can't be serious , in London, a Rat ? , can not

> believe it. By the shopping trolleys ? in London,

> East Dulwich, by a large food store ? A Rat ,

> London, a capital city in a 24hr globalised

> economy, In London, a Rat, by some trolleys, where

> people push food around in, In London a rat are

> you sure and a scruffy one, @#$%& me !

This made me laugh out loud.

Quite right AllforNun - in ED we prefer our rats with a subscription to The Chap - scruffbags verboten.