So, what do the bars and vibrant night life of ED offer us ?

Oh I would love to get my hands on that Boho bar and make something decent out of it. Lots of potential, but seems to make no concerted effort to make it into a venue that people want to go.

Cocktails are great actually, but we only ever stay till Happy Hour is over because we feel there's no real incentive to stay in that bar.

Boho Bar does seem a bit unpleasant. I've been in twice, the first time it was rather dull, the second time there was an air of leering desperation about the place.

I have had many a great night in Adventure, and though I've not been in recent months I'd like to defend the place. It's very cheesy, but it trades off that and is fun. The drinks are nice (and the staff tend to remember what your favourite drinks are if you go in a few times), the staff are funny and friendly, and though it can be boisterous I've never had any problems or felt intimidated or offended by anyone in there. If you want a quiet drink with a friend or a sophisticated evening it's maybe not the best choice, but it's great for a silly night out with a group of people. I think the place gets an unfairly bad rap.

VeryBerryCherry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh I would love to get my hands on that Boho bar

> and make something decent out of it. ....we only ever

> stay till Happy Hour is over because we feel

> there's no real incentive to stay in that bar.

xxxxxxx

They had a great DJ one of the two times I've been there (because I had a voucher from the Dulwich Tandoori next door for cheap drinks till a table was available).

Don't know whether he's usually there - I think it was a Saturday night.

The other time I went there was live music, but there was hardly anyone else there apart from us, although the music was good (Dan Maitland).

genwilliams Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

If you want a quiet

> drink with a friend or a sophisticated evening

> it's maybe not the best choice, but it's great for

> a silly night out with a group of people. I think

> the place gets an unfairly bad rap.

Well said genwilliams... A bunch of us had a great time there a few weeks back, complete with dancing on stools & general silliness. It was the only place open til late (we'd been for a meal in town & fancied carrying on for a bit longer so didn't get back to ED til midnight) & with cheesy music to have a dance to. Not my usual hangout by any means & admittedly the average age of other punters was about 21, but surely nice to have a bit of variety on LL?