The Times on ED Property Boom

Yes, this is a giveaway

"Tom, a blogger on eastdulwichforum.co.uk, notes that ?the once gym-honed, buff young things of Clapham would appear to be setting into their middle years quite well?. His suggestion that East Dulwich should be touted as the gastro capital of London might be slightly farfetched but the area, previously known only for its fried chicken, has certainly come a long way."

Tom, you're famous

Yes, this is a giveaway

"Tom, a blogger on eastdulwichforum.co.uk, notes that ?the once gym-honed, buff young things of Clapham would appear to be setting into their middle years quite well?. His suggestion that East Dulwich should be touted as the gastro capital of London might be slightly farfetched but the area, previously known only for its fried chicken, has certainly come a long way."

Tom, you're famous; though looking at tit, wondering which of tom's posts contain any of that.

Sheesh, lazy journalism in the flesh.

Its filler, nothing more - quoting the apalling eatate agents is hardly the apex of journalism is it ?

didnt mtion the dog eggs or smakheads - sorry Bagheads - at all in ther article.

The tiomes is a shocking paper outside the news section

I sent this to the times as a comment, but it seems to have gone nowhere:

"Ha ha, was this article entirely researched from a desk in Times Towers, seemingly by doing nothing other than reading the east dulwich forum (even the quote from there is completely misattributed).

I take it the Costa Coffee mistake (it's caffe nero) was deliberately snuck in as misdirection to stop people noticing the lazy journalism.

And you could at least link to Dulwichmum's blog if you're going to appropriate her offspring"

whether or not the journo was inspired by dm's posts, or just completely based her entire around dm's posts may be a moot point.

I am still checking for the lines: ''The most popular destination, the ''lounge'' with its dedicated quiet room with a menu of fishfinger sandwiches, champagne and latte and boasts a frequently-clensed swimming pool. The last of the bohemian gentlemen retire to the newly installed soundproof-room where the local band performs covers of neutral milk hotel classics. The main attraction has to be the half-bat, half-dog man who plays the machine gun and sleeps in a handbag."

Hmm. Was hoping to keep a local, low profile. National rags not my scene.

The quote was accurate - but it was a thread that was quite rightly ignored by most of you as it was a blatant attempt to incur the wrath of more established residents.... I was bored.. sorry!

So, lets talk about house prices again. I'm not happy about the plateau in house prices mentioned... I made ?3K a week on MY house last year.. anyone beat that?

Discuss.

:)