Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk
xxxx
Daisylets Residential Property Management

www.goodspacegardening.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12
messageRe: Strange bottles full of orange liquid
Posted by Lynne 24 July, 2013 17:08

How much does CCTV cost? Worlingham/crawthew gets a lot of fly tipping too. (And while I'm ranting, yes, I do include the "gentry" who think they're too grand to have dustbins in their newly landscaped in their gardens and leave all their dustbins/builders rubble on the pavements. What do us peasants matter?
Lynne

Posted by treehugger 25 July, 2013 15:02

So am I a "peasant" if I don't have a landscaped garden?

Posted by Lynne 25 July, 2013 18:29

That depends. If you have "grounds" or "the estate", rather than gardens,obviously not
Lynnea

Posted by L15ecr 26 July, 2013 14:00

I saw bottles on Ryedale the other day too...it defo looks like pee...also to add in to the mix somebody...

Again presumed a taxi driver as they muster on our road whilst waiting for a hire, did a poo last year in front of my neighbours door in the middle of the night, leaving toilet roll etc so defo not a fox. They actually had to walk up stairs and off the street to do this, I imagine so as not to be spotted...utterly gross and unnecessary!

Posted by NewWave 28 July, 2013 18:41

Having Read every one of the 11 pages on this post my thoughts are that its the work of some kind of nutter/fetishist. cab drivers relieving themselves into plastic bottles, keeping them and then dumping them en-masse, sometimes in weird formations just sounds too much hassle.
After all, lets be honest, all a man needs to do is jump out his car, unzip his trousers, wee against a tree or a wall and jump back in the car again.
The thought of someone sat in their car, aiming into a plastic bottle closing the lid then storing it until he's filled a few more bottles and dumping the lot in full view just doesn't make sense.
I think someone gets some kind of weird kick doing this,like a peculiar OCD thing. perhaps they think its warding off evil spirits, or some kind of witchcraft ritual.

Posted by LadyNorwood 28 July, 2013 20:45

Just encountered one of these bottles on South Croxted Road - either the perpetrator has increased his reach or we have a WD copycat!!

Posted by scotslass 28 July, 2013 21:52

This has become such a boring thread

Posted by tfm33 31 July, 2013 16:11

Do you mean, when compared to other discussions about bottled urine?

Posted by binary_star 02 August, 2013 21:49

Is anyone still in doubt that this is urine? It IS piss. Almost guaranteed... drivers (cabbies, lorries, bus and coach drivers) do it ALL THE TIME. Report it or get over it: [m.bbc.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2013:08:02:21:49:50 by binary_star.

Posted by 47A Irford Close 08 August, 2013 07:31

I find it difficult to believe I have just read all 11 pages of this sorry tale.

It reminds me of a story about Howard Hughes who was famously reclusive and eccentric. He suffered severe kidney damage in a flying accident and for the rest of his life had great difficulty urinating. He would take about 3 hours to perform the task while seated in a chair. The urine was collected in a Kilner jar and when full they were stored in his hotel room. many dozens of these jars would accumulate until he authorised them to be emptied and cleaned. he then insisted on them being broken and disposed of in an anonymous fashion.

My thoughts?

Persistent nature of activity and quantity of waste involved, coupled with localisation of activity points to the following...
Perpetrator is a deranged/obsessive individual
Not an incontinent driver (quantitys and frequencys do not support this theory)
Not a wind up/art installation (too many repetitions,a prankster would be bored by now and an artist would have claimed responsibility even if anonymously like Banksy)
Not an eco vandal/evil corporate polluter (this type of individual would just quietly place the waste in an unobserved dustbin)

Suggestions for apprehension of perp.
Fingerprint bottles/DNA check contents. (Anyone sufficiently deranged to be doing this will almost certainly have come to the attention of the police at some point)

Mount surveillance with suitable camera/ Mk. 1 eyeball. There are some tiny cameras available which will record several days worth onto an SD card and could be hidden in all sorts of unlikely places. They are not very expensive.

In view of the distress that has been caused to several people, the police should be urged to try the first suggestion via the neighbourhood officers. Failing this a direct approach to the Borough Commander might elicit some action.

Of course, if a suspect is identified, the good folk of ED will have to find something else to discuss. Is this a desired outcome? smiling smiley

Posted by Annmarie 08 August, 2013 09:23

I'm slightly worried!
I previously noticed this thread a few days ago and didn't know what to make if it, I'd forgotten about it until last night when we drove my visiting Mum home to Orpington, as we reversed the car onto her drive we notice 3 bottles of orange liquid carefully placed and pushed back into the bottom of her hedge. we all commented on them and it wasn't until we left that I remembered reading something on here about the same things happening locally. I am worried that they are a signal to indicate something like "elderly lady living alone" as my Mum lives alone and is nearly 80 years of age. I'm not sure what to do or whom to contact redarding this but can't ignore it either just incase. I haven't mention this to my Mum as not to worry her. This is too much of a coincidence.

Posted by binary_star 09 August, 2013 17:50

Posted by Lynne 28 August, 2013 08:35

I don't think you need worry aobut this personally, though it's not a pleasant thing to happen
More bottles are back at the jucntion of Crawthew/Archdale. I 've been wondering about a house on Frogley.
Lynne

Posted by smprsn 10 February, 2015 08:26

The mysterious bottles of orange liquid of East Dulwich are back!
Persistence on the part of the perpetrator... Or should that be pissistence?

[twitter.com]

Posted by steveo 10 February, 2015 10:29

Used cooking oil. I've seen large tubs of it on occasions

Posted by Dopamine1979 10 February, 2015 10:50

Nah. It's definitely piss. This has been long established. Feel free to verify via a sniff test.

Posted by Lynne 10 February, 2015 13:12

Just contacted Council about removal

messageRe: Strange bottles full of orange liquidattachment
Posted by Sunglasses 10 February, 2015 17:08

I didn't believe this thread until I saw it with my own eyes. There are six or seven bottles sitting on the electric box at the top of Worlingham Rd (jn with Crawthew Grove).

It does look a lot like urine, but then there is the strange curdled white substance at the bottom... the mind boggles. I was tempted to open and sniff one, but there were passers by. It was too weird. I felt dirty.

There is some work being done in the road a few metres away... workmen with no toilet facilities... coincidence?!

Attachments: bottles.jpg (14.3KB)  
Posted by Jocky 10 February, 2015 20:48

I clocked these bad boys today on Worlingham Road.

Maybe they contain juice from a local sports club, kids football team or something and somebody's decided to provoke thought by dumping the surplus in an unusual way.

Posted by Lynne 11 February, 2015 10:40

They were there before workmen.

Posted by Louisa 11 February, 2015 10:45

It can't be related to workmen as they usually have mobile toilets. I noticed two bottles of orange liquid around Christmas time on the corner of Crystal Palace/Ed road. It was peculiar.

Louisa.

Posted by Otta 11 February, 2015 10:52

If it is cabbies pissing in bottles I can understand that. But what I don't understand is why they're not dropping them in one of the many bins on our streets instead of leaving them on street corners.

All very odd and a wonderful mystery.

Posted by Louisa 11 February, 2015 10:55

I personally think if the suspect liquid filled bottles are indeed pi$$, then this only supports my theory about the demise of the Victorian lavatory. It wasn't that many years ago GG playground had public toilets, now gone. If I am caught short along LL where do I go? I think the time has come for more public toilets, it's the only way we can solve the bottle pi$$ problem.

Louisa.

Posted by Otta 11 February, 2015 11:00

More public toilets would be good, but in these days of cuts to local authority budgets I can't see it happening, because even if the toilets were there, they wouldn't pay for the upkeep.

Posted by Louisa 11 February, 2015 11:17

I agree the age of cuts makes public convenience drop down the council wish list for the area. However, the old disused loos on Peckham Rye are now back in action and well maintained clean tidy and there's even soap for washing hands after. Those are the nearest public loos in a place where let's face it, most of the year they are hardly needed.

Louisa.

Posted by Otta 11 February, 2015 11:24

Parks should definitely have loos, but can't see public loos on the steets making a comeback anytime soon.

Posted by Otta 11 February, 2015 11:30

Did you ever see this Louisa?

[crystalpalacetoilets.blogspot.co.uk]

Posted by Jocky 16 February, 2015 18:11

They're back on Worlingham Road. This time there are a range of colours.

Posted by Salsaboy 16 February, 2015 18:40

The mind boggles as to the colour range.

Jocky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're back on Worlingham Road. This time there
> are a range of colours.

Posted by bloonoo 17 February, 2015 09:33

i think it's someone taking the piss

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 11 of 12

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum