Water torture

jimmy two times

I hate to rise to the bait, I really do, but I can't help it. JTT, that post makes me really sad. And not because I am a softy liberal type that thinks they deserve a jolly good telling off and some therapy. Torture is just wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Always.

It is called R v Brown and others. A group of consenting adults was caught (don't know how) doing various violent things to each others private parts. They had a password, so that they could yell out in pain, but the activity would carry on, but if they yelled the password it would stop. Various people in the party were charged with assault type charges (to be fair, not sure if anyone was actually charged with torture). The question up for consideration was whether a person can legally consent to that kind of assault - if they could it wouldn't be an assault. It was found that they could, but the poor chaps in question were still convicted - of offending public morals. Not sure what that adds to the debate really but when studing the case I had a jolly good chuckle at reading various barristers terribly serious submissions to the court of appeal about the true nature of nailing genitals to a plank.....

I agree with your first two sentences. I have a sneaking suspicion that we aren't going to agree on much more. So i'll just say one more thing - this debate for me is the same as the death penalty debate.

It isn't about who they are. It's about who we are.

Convicted drug-dealers were they, or were the police just doing a raid?

Either way it's wrong but if they aren't even convicted and are just suspects that makes it worse x 10. Come on Jimmy even you know the police are human and make as many mistakes as the rest of us. They have forced their way into my flat at 3am in the morning and I don't really fancy being tortured onlyto be told it was a mistaken identity

Also, drug dealers may be a blight on society but without them a large number of forumites wouldn't function.... that doesn't make it right of course. Just saying

Yes Sean the Police do make mistakes, and the guys who were nicked in the raid may well of been innocent on this occasion and at the time they were allegedly tortured they were indeed only suspects. But you can bet your bottom dollar that they probably were drug dealers with previous convictions. And ok, so they may have served some negligible amount of time in the clink for those crimes. But you've got to admit, it puts a smile on your face to read the blighters suffered a bit on this occasion.

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes Sean the Police do make mistakes, and the guys

> who were nicked in the raid may well of been

> innocent on this occasion and at the time they

> were allegedly tortured they were indeed only

> suspects. But you can bet your bottom dollar that

> they probably were drug dealers with previous

> convictions. And ok, so they may have served some

> negligible amount of time in the clink for those

> crimes. But you've got to admit, it puts a smile

> on your face to read the blighters suffered a bit

> on this occasion.

"If they didn't do this they did something similar".

I'm sure that causes some kind of facial expression but it isn't a smile.

You probably aren't aware of it right now Jimmy but Sean is flexing and crunching his knuckles in preparation for his answer and will launch into it with all the passion and determination of a pianist. I can see him now, eye's closed, rolling his head from shoulder to shoulder............and he begins.

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Drug dealing is also wrong. It's a blight on our

> society and the drug dealers just laugh at the

> pathetic sentences they get whilst they wreak

> havoc on our society. I'd have pulled their nails

> out with pliers as well.

so who are you gojng to start with first - Your mate the landlord of your local or the newsagent who also sells tobacco ?

*right kids*