Is your property on on the market with Foxtons Dulwich? (Lounged)

maison_d'etre

Sorry for making my first post about the F word but if your property is on the market with Foxtons you should know that after 21st December the 0% commission offer finishes and they will charge you a massive 2.5% commission. You have to give them 4 weeks notice so hand your notice to them tomorrow Wednesday. Call the Dulwich office on 020 8613 6200 or email [email protected]

For the record, I am someone who hates their shop front, wants them to turn their lights off at night, gets annoyed by thier minis all over the place, gets annoyed by the disgusting slime the greasy agents leave on Lordship Lane as they nonce around with a portable telephone stuck to their ear thinking they're Alan Sugar and would like them to leave town.

Please don't forget to hand in your notice

They came over to value my house the other day. 2.5% = ?24,000. For what exactly? Parasites! Scum!

I told the guy that they should get rid of their minis. He said he's trying. He also told me that as staff increase their sales they get better, unbranded cars.

Boycott the fuckers!

Charlie

char1ie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They came over to value my house the other day.

> 2.5% = ?24,000. For what exactly?

From my observations - the 2.5% more then likely pays for them to all sit in the office all day waiting for clients...

Every time I walk past there appears to be a mass of them on their computers and no actual customers... now it could (only could I add) be that I walk past at the wrong times of day (this is akin to BR's wrong kind of snow I fear)

Foxys are run by an aggressive private equity group IIRC - I think they have no problem using a loss leader Blitzkrieg approach to cornering the market, but ther sheer size of their organisation. The smaller EA will suffer as foxytons secure a foothold - I am pessimistic of course.

The again, its up to us. if we use them, they will stay - if we dont, they will rethink their strategy.

The amount of ( probabaly overpriced and speculative ) for sale signs does indicate most people are not bothered by Foxtons - then again, most people would use Dennis Neilsen estatee agents if they offered 0.5% flat rate commission I suspect

>>Every time I walk past there appears to be a mass of them on their computers and no actual customers... now it could >>>

Nope. Same when I pass them too...empty chairs at the front, chaps at keyboards looking listless at the back. It's nice to catch up with the latest news on Sky though....:))

I always feel a bit bad about calling all estate agents scum, as I know at least 2 people who did a stint because they needed jobs. That said, there are so many of them who just fill the stereotype so well.

I remember when myself and 2 friends were in one of the LL estate agents to get the keys to a flat we were renting. The helpful and nice girl we'd been dealing with was off that day, so we had to deal with Miles (says it all). We were talking to Miles when his mobile rang. He put his hand up to us to stop us talking, took the mobile out of his pocket, threw a foot up on to his desk, and answered his mobile with "Go".

All 3 of us had to turn away and look out the window so as not to blatantly laugh in his face! Gold.

Great story, Keef, hee hee.

Foxtons is based on the 'boiler room' mentality. Get some young go-getters, tell them they'll be millwionaires, Rodney - if they work 'ard and get the sales blah blah. Then they stuff fifty of them in a room together with silly headsets and force them to hammer the phones all day long. Ringing people every day. Then ringing them again. And THEN.. ringing them again because the last person who rang them forgot to leave a note on the file saying that this person specifically didn't want to be rung again, PLEASE.

good for letting people know this and have they sold anything? havnt seen the signs change to sold and are they advertising on find a property your move which are the main webb sites? market terrible at the moment with another lender 4th biggest in trouble F brave to open in east Dulwich at thia time, and by the way i am a Estate Agent and have been for many years were not all the same, live in east Dulwich but sell in brockley (quiet leafly streets not as much life as east Dulwich but lovely houses and period flats much much cheaper also zone two so come and see us soon regards P

I've had my flat on the market with Foxtons for around seven weeks and had all of four viewings... yet it's a lovely property, full of period features, stripped wooden floors etc at very reasonable price on prime ED road. I know the market has dipped, but seriously, you'd think an estate agent with their reputation for hard sales could have shifted it.... oh but wait... there's nothing in it for them - a big whopping 0% commission.

I imagine they'll soon buck up their ideas once people's 12-week contracts expire and 2.5% commission looms large for a great big 'ker-ching'. I've also had to deal with THE most patronising and arrogant agent ever, who, at one point during our discussions, told me with a smirk: 'I'm giving you good advice.' Great, but I came to you to sell my flat, not get advice!

I've since served written notice on them terminating my contract.

If anyone out there has had a similar experience, I urge you to do the same and sell your property through an established, local agent, instead.

"oh but wait... there's nothing in it for them - a big whopping 0% commission"

Do people really think that the agents don't get their commission? Surely the only difference is that head office pays it rather than the seller? I can't see them persuading people to work in the new ED office by telling them they can't earn any commission for the first 3 months!

Maybe people have to come to terms with the fact that the mixture of it being the run up to Xmas and the financial markets being in turmoil over the recent credit crunch has led to buyers not being interested for the time being?

"And yet a lot of people before Foxton's opened predicted as much - so, WHY did people go with Foxton's?"

Well I didn't hear those predictions, and back at the beginning of October the market wasn't so bad. But if nutty is right that the agents are still getting their commission, it makes them look like even bigger muppets. I reckon they've spread themselves too thinly and saturated the market.

Lets think about this..

I just searched their site for Dulwich and surrounds which the office on East Dulwich covers they have 418 properties for sale!!!!!!!!!!

they have about 35 people in that office doing lettings and sales so lets say half are doing sales, that 418 properties being sold by 18 people.

It's obvious they have to many properties and can't cope, which is why so many of their clients are have such bad service and they are living up to everyone's expectations.

My advice go, with a local agent who can give the personal touch, which everyone sounds like they are missing!

My two cents!

If foxyas had any sense, they would use the forum for a bit of free PR like other newbies seem to do, usually to a round of applause.

I suspect that the opposition is spreading disimformation this way judging by some of the posts above

what a seedy world we live in where people feel the need to bluster their postive points and/ or lie in order to make money

parasites the lot of the them

I think Foxtons are doing the right thing by not getting involved on this Forum.

The estate agents who have tried so far, such as Osbourne Stewart have ended up with a whole box of eggs on their face, and the current slew of of anti-Foxtonian postings from the Lesser Spotted or even First-Time Poster come across as dubious to say the least.