Autumn babies club (due Sept/Oct/Nov 2012)

Norfolkvillas poor you, hopefully now you're in your 2nd trimester you will begin to feel better soon. I was so tired in the first trimester, running around after my little toddler (will be 2yrs 3months when new baby is due) all the time. I just had to nap when she did in the afternoon, the house was a pigsty but had no energy for cleaning. Glad to say now have so much more energy - which is great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations everyone!! I'm due on 1st October, it's my first so it's all very scary and exciting at the same time.

So pleased to see I'm not the only one around here in the same boat! I'm still waiting to have first proper midwife appointment with Lanes On Crystal Palace Road, so might have to ask you all for advice instead until then!!! Xxx

Congratulations to all! I'm due 25th September with our first. As Sidney 78 says, all very scary and exciting! Nausea seems to have abated but heartburn has taken over!

Had 16 week midwife appointment on Friday in DMC Chadwick Road. Not the best NHS pregnancy experience I've had. I've read a bit on here about how good the Lanes are but unsure if they're attached to DMC on Crystal Palace Road only. I haven't been able to find a website or anything so any information gratefully accepted - not just on Lanes but also on switching midwives if you're not happy!

Ican understand what you mean, it's my third and I tried to switch my midwife with my second baby and i remember they told me about one i herne hill and some other one but dont remember where. try to contact midwifes community house where you had your first booking and see what they will advise you.trust me not all midwifes are bad, you have the right to say no to midwife who doesnt take care of you well.

Hi congratulations. I'm with DMC crystal palace road and registered my pregnancy with them at six weeks but as the Lanes midwives are so popular I didn't manage to get one and am now on the waiting list :( in the meantime I have a kings midwife have had one appointment with and she was lovely but did forget half the stuff she was supposed to bring and said she would put it in the post - but still I've yet to receive it.

I've only just been put on the Lanes waiting list (because I just registered at crystal palace road dmc moved from chadwick rd) and I'm already 16 weeks! I might have toddler by the time I get to see a midwife!!! I didn't realise they were so popular. The procedure is pretty confusing for a first trimmer I thinks!

I think I'm going to follow your lead Sidney78 and switch from Chadwick Road. I spoke to the Lanes this morning and am on the waiting list too - along with half the people in this babyclub by the looks of things!

Next question is around antenatal classes - what have other people signed up for and can anyone recommend a pregnancy yoga/relaxation class? Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am very pleased to add to this thread and say I am due 17th October with my first bubba.

It's already been such an adventure, and it would be great to meet up with other local mums-to-be soon.

Like willish, I am also on the look out for some antenatal classes. I'm signed up with Fusion on Crystal Palace Road and see that they have a pregnancy yoga class, but it's during the day and I work 9-5. Does anyone know of any classes that take place in the evening?

Exciting times ahead for us ladies...:))

Willish great news you are on the Lanes waiting list, i just got my appointment booked for 20 weeks so i didnt have to wait that long in the end! Just have one month to wait for the appointment now tho :(

And Squeeker, I'm too looking for some evening yoga classes...would also be a nice way to meet up with some local preggie ladies! I might ask at the surgery and look around town and will report back if I find any.

It is all so exciting isn't it? I think I felt some kicks yesterday but it also could have been my lunch :-$ !!

The dulwich therapy rooms above the health shop on lordship lane does antenatal yoga and pilates, but not cheap. Picked up a leaflet last week. Pilates are on Wednesday at either 16.15-17.15 or 17.30-18.30, says the cost is ?12 per class or ?40 for 4 classes if you pre-pay. The yoga is on a Thursday at 18.00 and cost ?12.50 or ?66 for 6 classes. To book you need to contact the instructor direct for pilates it!s luisa tel: 07816 430383 and for the yoga classes it's lindi tel: 07957 718 637

I think push studios might do some as well but don't have the details. Wednesday and Thursday's are no good for me as these are the two nights of the week my other half plays football and need someone to look after Lola. I can do the ones at the leisure centre during the day if I can get lola settled into the creche - but she is being really clingy at the moment :(

You are allowed reasonable time off work for ante-natal yoga/pilates, when I was working before I found a class locally in borough near where I worked and was allowed to finish work early.

Hi all - I am expecting my second on October 21st - my daughter will be almost 3 by then and she is so excited about the 'baby in mummy's tummy'.

I am with the Lanes (I wasn't first time round so knew to register asap this time)

Would be great to meet some new faces sometime - esp those mums to be who already have toddlers like me!

Re Yoga, I think JAGS still do their pregnancy Yoga session on Friday evenings (you don't have to be a member for classes I think). I am not a big Yoga fan but I intend to go to Oriane's Sunday class of Legs Bums and Pregnant Tums at JAGS again as I went to it throughout my first pregnancy and really enjoyed it...I have attached JAGS details below.

http://www.jagssportsclub.co.uk/aerobics.asp

And Willish - re antenatal classes : there are NCT classes run locally which are very popular and also allow you to meet other first time mums due around the same time. I am still very close with my group from 2 1/2 years ago - infact all of us girls are out for dinner tonight. Get registered quickly though (via their website) as they fill up early.

Alternatively or additionally you can do the NHS antenatal classes which are pretty informative but less about 'making friends' I guess..those are free obviously.

I think there are other privately run classes too but I don't know that much about them I am afraid.

I think it's ?8.50 for non-members but just checked and it's not back for a few weeks til they finish the re-furb. Used to be Sunday evenings but they don't know the time yet when it comes back!

I will check again in a couple of weeks

Hi ladies!

I'd love to join this thread. I'm expecting twins in October. I was told at 12 weeks it looked like 1 boy and 1 girl but yesterday they said 2 boys so who knows!

Haven't (aren't) having an easy pregnancy due to a haematoma which means I've been bleeding since 11 weeks. It's very scary. I was off work for a while but easing myself back in now. So far babes ok just me who's a nervous wreck!

I had great intentions to keep fit and active throughout but have been told to take as easy as possible so not happening!

Looking forward to getting to know you all. xx

Hello Running Ellsbells, congratulations on your twins!

Sorry to hear you've had some worries earlier on :(

I have been doing ZERO exercise! Really need to get my butt moving.,plan on doing yoga but that hasnt happened yet either.

Trouble is I'm so blimmin tired all the time!

I just started feeling some little kicks a few days ago, sort of magical but also kinda weird!!!!

Best wishes x