Autumn babies club (due Sept/Oct/Nov 2012)

Hello! If you can afford it Lottie87 definitely get a removals firm in to pack you up - we used Harradines twice in the last year and they were fantastic!

I thought I would join this thread and say we're expecting our first on the 7th October - we're very excited after having our 20 week scan today and all was fine, was slightly concerned the little one wasnt growing in there as everyone kept commenting how small my bump was - happy days - congratulations to you all! :)

wow this thread is getting busy! hello everyone!

Gebbjane - thanks for the info on JAGS yoga and BLT class, certainly something I'd like to go (I bought a yoga DVD but there are times I'm not sure if I'm doing things correctly!)

Loulou - my due date is the 7th Sept which is just one day before yours! But it will be my first so im very inexperienced unlike you!

Lottie87 - good luck with the move, moving is stressful even when not pregnant, but I'd imagine it'd be easier when there isn't a crying baby! Hope you find something you like soon.

Hi ladies, hope you are enjoing your pregnancies! Just wanted to add my name to the list..I am expecting baby no.2 for the 7th Sept, my daughter will be almost 2yo when her little brother arrives.

I did my NCT classes with Tess / Sillywoman the first time around and they were brilliant so I highly recommend them to first timers. Apart from getting a briefing on what to expect in labour, the best part for me was to meet 5 other mums who were all due within days of me. Once the babies were born they were the best source of support as you realise you are all going through the same things at the same time, can exchange a lot of advice, hang out together etc. It was really invaluable at a time when you can often feel confused and alone being home with a baby all day long. Well worth the money in my opinion.

This time around I already know what labour is about pretty well, so was hoping to meet some other second time mums here at the forum so that we can again share our experiences of juggling a baby & a toddler at the same time.

Would be great to arrange a get-together sometime...I also did that via the forum last time and met some lovely people.

For first-timers I can't second what prm says strongly enough! Sharing the experience with five other families going through the exact same things at the same time was a life saver! We also had our classes with Tess and she is brilliant.

gebbjane - have also signed up for the refresher course in Herne Hill....but for the September one. It's only for one day and the fact that they cover coping with toddler and baby at the same time sealed it for me! Would be great for a forum get-together sometime and share experiences here too.

Second scan next week - am very excited.

Hi everyone, thanks for the messages! I finally found somewhere - private landlords too, which made the whole process much cheaper and easier. Now I am just very excited about getting all our stuff boxed up and shipping out.

So, I will officially be an East Dulwich resident on the 30th June, with plenty of time to get everything straight for baby in the autumn :)

I don't actually know anyone in the area though, so if anyone is interested in a get together, count me in.

x

Hi

Also joining the thread: am 16 weeks and due mid November. It'll be my second; my son will be 3 and 3/4 when this one arrives.

All seems to be fine so far tho am currently sitting on landing outside bathroom while son is in bath cos I can't quite deal with his meltdowns at the mo (needed a poo mid bath, him not me). What's it going to be like when the baby's kicking off too? Eek...

Def keen to do yoga and meet ups at some point.

Polly

Hello Autumn baby ladies

Just to let you know about my fabulous unique birthing classes starting on June 28th at 8pm.

Daisy birthing classes combine a range of conventional techniques into a 1hr 20min class which will allow you to learn as you move. You will learn key birthing facts whilst enjoying gentle and careful movements, all the while building muscle memory which will help you find intuitive techniques for labour.

Fancy a free class ? Why not pop into JoJo Maman Bebe for info.

Please contact Nadine on 07554 762 933 or Email: [email protected]

Bloom in pregnancy, blossom in birth !!

Size 1 babycare nature Eco friendly nappies for sale 14 packs with 26 per pack they retail at around ?4.00 make me a offer for all 14 packs or will sell 7 packs to 2 people they are size 1 4lb to 11lb

Hi everyone,

I am due with my 2nd in november. But with a 6 year gap, and so far a much easier and nicer pregnancy, it feels a bit like a first! I am interested to hear what peoples' experiences at DMC Chadwick Road have been? Last pregnancy I had Lisa Plessy there as my community midwife and she was excellent. However, I don't think she is there now and I have been booked into see someone else there at the end of the month. Should I try and book in elsewhere? After my last pregnancy I am very anxious for everything to go smoothly and as pleasantly as possible.

I didn't do NCT last time due to the complications in my pregnancy and not sure I'll do it this time so would be good if there is ever a meet up.

I can also recommend Sitarim yoga through King's. Was the only thing that kept me sane last time and really helped in labour.

Thanks!

Hello all

My second baby is due on Oct 7th. I already have a beautiful 18 month old so am excited for him to meet his new brother / sister soon! I've just moved to West Dulwich so all this info is really useful. Any info about where there are mother and baby sessions (after the birth) would be appreciated. (for example tumble tots, soft play, signing, swimming lessons etc)

look forward to hearing from you!

Suzanne

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your Autumn arrivals. My first baby is due on 9th November, would it be ok for me to join? I'm also quote new to the area and it would be lovely to meet some others mums/mums to be in the area.

Fijifish x

Hi all

I'd be up for meeting up as well and 30th June should work for me. Agree with Sidney78 that park would be nice if weather's good, but a couple of other suggestions in case it's not: Green and Blue is nice if can reserve tables at back, or the Bishop or the Plough....or the Gardens Cafe can normally reserve room at back if there's quite a few of us. Guess depends how many of us there are, so once we know we could try and reserve a table(s) somewhere....and then can always cancel at last minute if it's sunny and park is looking better? Are we thinking daytime or evening? Either would probs be OK for me.

Helen x

Been meaning to join this thread for a while. I'm due on 19 Nov with my second. My son will be 2 1/2 when baby number two arrives.

Would love to join you all on 30 June - park sounds good. I have to be somewhere else from 12 - 1pm that day, but should be able to fit around whatever the plans are.

Hi,

I'm expecting my first on 15th September - we don't know whether we're having a girl or a boy. My partner and I have been living in the area near Goose Green for about 5 years. We got married last week, so I'm looking forward to enjoying the rest of my pregnancy without all the wedding planning! I'm signed up to NCT classes in Nunhead in August.

I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Kathryn

Congratulations to all you Autumn mums to be!! I'm expecting my first baby on the 5th of September and would love to meet other mums to be in the area. We are doing the antenatal classes at the Mag pub on Lordship lane starting shortly...anyone else joining?

Free on the 30th of June to meet so will await details!

Take care,

Stacey.