Autumn babies club (due Sept/Oct/Nov 2012)

Hello to all you pregger ladies!

I posted quite a while back... I'm due on 17th October with my first and I am totally up for meeting on Sat 30th June.

Daytime would be really great. How about lunchtime somewhere near Peckham Rye park- like The Actress, Clockhouse, or The Gardens? Then if the weather looks good we can go from there to the park for a nice walk or something...

How does that sound to everyone? I'm happy to help arrange once we get some numbers finalised.

Lindsay

Hi,

Our first is due on September 10th - and we're booked onto an NCT course in West Dulwich from early July. Still in complete denial and i'm hoping that the NCT or meeting other pregnant ladies can help me prepare for what lies ahead! Also starting Yoga this evening at Jags, so i'll let you all know what it was like. Can't make it on the 30th, but would like to meet up.

Max

Hi all, ok if I gatecrash? I'm due with our 2nd on 12th November, and like you Shen, it feels like a first time all over again. I can't believe how much things have changed! My DS will be 5 1/2 when this little one arrives and has been extremely laid back about the whole situation. I really dont think he knows what's in store! I am with Oakwood and am toying with the idea of a home water-birth (had DS at Kings, not the best experience but totally not through any fault of theirs). Any advice/opinions/tips gratefully received. Hope you are all absolutely blooming and cherishing this wonderful time :)

Hello autumn mums - here's a summer mum gatecrashing the thread.

I'm trying to get enough people together for a seminar by Nic from childsleepsolutions (see more info here: Child Sleep Solutions), she has had some great feedback on this forum.

I've got a 2-year old who thankfully now is a really good sleeper but the thought of going back to 14 months of no sleep with number 2 fills me with dread. I could do with a refresher and some strategies for the first few months, so I thought I'd try to get a group together.

The seminar is ?20 pp and once I've got enough people signed up I will organise a mutually convenient time.

Please pm me if you're interested.

Hi All,

Just came across this thread which is great.

I am due on 11th Nov with my first and keen to meet with others in the area also due around this time.

Lots of useful advice on here. Thanks everyone. I used to be with DMC Chadwick and had no idea of The Lanes. I joined Melbourne Grove Practise. Anyone else with them? I'm wondering why the Lanes is so popular?

Would love to hear from others due around the same time.

Thanks,

Pinky

Hi all

Not sure if I will be able to make the 30th anymore...hadn't realised my husband was out for day, and not sure whether can find a willing babysitter. So I'll have to be a 'maybe' and if I can sort a babysitter I will hopefully see some of you at the Clockhouse. And if not, will definitely try to make the next meet.

Helen

Hi all,

We're moving to East Dulwich (finally!) in 3 weeks and expecting our first baby on 16th September. Very excited!

Would love to meet on the 30th but prob won't make it till about 2.30pm.

Can't wait, thanks for the suggestion :-)

Btw, does anyone know about NHS antenatal classes and whether they're available at King's?

Thanks!

Victoria

Hi everyone,

just found this group! I'm due on the 9th Nov with my first baby - our second scan is next week, excited!!

I live goose green end of east dulwich and would be keen to meet up too but can't make this weekend - hoefully will make the next one.

Victoria - if its any help I've signed up to a few nhs antenatal classes at kings/dulwich hospital. The sign up forms were from the midwife so just waiting for confirmation of which I'm booked onto.

I'm also planning a home birth and have my first hypno birthing class on sat - anybody used this before?

Thanks!

lucy

Hello Everyone

The start date Daisy Birthing classes has moved to Thursday 5th July at the Goose Green Community Centre.

Experience the Escalator Breath... what it is and why and when to use it during labour.

Discover how to Rotate to Dilate.

Learn to use The Accelerator to manage the speed of contractions according to your needs during labour.

All of the above have been invaluable to Daisy mummies and are mentioned time and time again in birth stories.

Our techniques really are unique and most importantly have been key in helping women to remain confident and have a positive birth experience.

Learn key birthing facts whilst enjoying gentle and careful movements, all the while building muscle memory which will help you find intuitive techniques for labour

Free class available.

Please Email: [email protected]

Tel: 07554 762 933

www.thelazydaisychain.co.uk

Best Wishes

Nadine

I definitely won't be able to make it this Saturday now, just in case anyone is booking a table. I'd really like to meet you all before the babies arrive though, so hopefully next time.

Now, back to my 'end of tenancy cleaning'. Really regretting not getting a cleaner in...

x

Hi all,

I booked a table for 9 people for 2pm at the Clock House (after spending a not insignificant amount of time searching for a pub in Dulwich called the Clock Face!)

The booking is under the name Victoria but I won't be there till about 2.30 so hopefully some of you will be there beforehand to bagsie our table.

See you all then!

Hi Autumn babies club

I wonder if anyone would mind if I popped along on Saturday too. I'm really a 'summer' mum as I'm due toward end August but I only recently joined the forum and I think a lot of the summer mums are now having their babies or are on maternity leave & I'm still at work - I think I joined a bit late. I only moved to the area last year & it's my first so would be great any new mums who live nearby.

Julie x