Where has the post gone in East Dulwich

Wasn't there a post recently from Renata saying that, due to staffing issues at Peckham, they would not be delivering post every day but would be collecting it daily from postboxes? That, combined with the national suspension of Saturday deliveries, has cut down the frequency of deliveries.

I have found the Royal Mail to be decent, turns up almost every day in the Goose Green Ward.

Which is more concerning is the amount of couriers hurtling over speed bumps right outside my window, they are going so fast it sounds like a small explosion.

We haven?t had any post for over a week - it was my daughter?s birthday on Saturday and none of the cards or presents that family had posted well in advance have arrived yet. Understandable that there are delays and disruption to the service but surely we should be getting more than one delivery a week?

Just a Note on pickup from post boxes. I went to the postbox a 14.00 last week

to find the post van had picked up, when i tapped on his window and ask him if he could take my letter

the reply was put it in the post box and drove off. The post box said 17.00 pick up, its not

the first time this has happened. Most post office staff are very friendly and help you . NOT THIS ONE

I think probably times have changed due to current circumstances and staff absence etc..

Also there may have been social distancing issues with taking your letter.

Which doesn't excuse rudeness, of course.

Reply to above. The post box said 17.00 not 14.00. Any person posting a

letter knowing its 17.00 would get it to the post box before that time.

Hoping it would be there in a couple of days, but already one day now gone.

As for social distancing, it was the passenger side and only had to open window

2 inches.

The stated collection time is that of the final collection of the day from the box. That doesn't preclude there being an additional earlier one. What you could have checked is the removable metal tag that states just the name of the day of the next scheduled collection. That would, I guess, at 14:00 have remained unchanged.

That said, I did notice one day last week that the tag on my local box, at least ten minutes before the stated last collection time, had already been changed to the next day. That can occasionally happen, I guess when there are staff shortages and pressure against overtime. Usually the final collection seems to be made a little later than its scheduled time.

Hi all, below is my post from the other thread on the same subject. There are still delays. Post does turn up eventually, I had one item take 5 weeks!

Renata

I've just spoken to a member of staff at Peckham Sorting Office. Unfortunately they are very short staffed due to a high level of sickness. Additionally. use of postal services are far higher than usual. They currently have a huge backlog of post. A fortnight delay to post can be expected for some items. (As well as delays in Peckham there are also delays at all points in the postal service chain) On-foot deliveries are typically only happening every 4 days on each round in SE22/SE15. Saturday deliveries have been suspended. They apologise for the delay and say that post should turn up eventually.

Renata

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Re the high level of sickness, I read recently

> that Peckham had the highest level of virus

> sickness in London (I may have misremembered this

> - it may have been in Southwark).

Peckham is the worst hit area of Southwark. From 6th May

https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/coronavirus-deaths-southwark-areas-revealed/

seenbeen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Re the high level of sickness, I read recently

> > that Peckham had the highest level of virus

> > sickness in London (I may have misremembered

> this

> > - it may have been in Southwark).

> Peckham is the worst hit area of Southwark. From

> 6th May

> https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/coronavirus-d

> eaths-southwark-areas-revealed/

Yes, thanks, I did know that but as for a while at least Southwark was also the worst hit area of London, I wondered whether Peckham may have also - then or more recently - been the area with the highest level in London.