Old kebab place next to Hizar

michaell

Quite disappointing really, an empty bar next to the restuarant, at least the bar was empty when I went there.

Does anyone know if I can sue them for advertising Lahmacun on their windows but not actually selling it? I love Lahmacun and pide ( Pide is a Kind of Turkish Pizza and Lahmacun is like tortilla with meat, salad etc ) I was so excited that i went there with friends, and they stated they do not sell or make it anymore. Hmmm misleading!!

kford Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Isn't it just Hizar expanding their seating?

That was the impression I got. Must say I was suprised as it's never seemed busy enough to need to expand. Hey ho - perhaps if they put both Lahmucan and Pide on the menu as well as on the window it would please both HeidiHi and myself.

Went there the other week. the BBQ now staddles the old main room and the ex-kebab shop, with space for seats running round the back. Looks very much like an overflow area. It's always been busy when we've eaten there, even mid week. It's bang on if you want a cheap, hearty meal or an alternative to a curry after a few beers. The musakka is great.

Brendan Wrote:

> What is the difference between Lahmucan and Pide?

From what I remember Lahmucan is like a thin crust pizza with very simple toppings mainly herbs and spices and Pide is more bready and like a thick crust with more substantial toppings.

This place has a seperate entrance and its purpose it to be a waiting area/bar for Hisar so punters don't have to be sent to the Bishop for drinks then phoned up when there is space free in the restaurant. The guy will be taking down a structural wall to the front of the shop, thats why no sign has been put up and the place isn't used properly just yet.

I assumed that they were removing the kebab shop part so that the restaurant would have more appeal (i.e. so it doesn't look like it's part of a kebab shop). That way they can up the prices a bit and fit in with the rest of the LL eateries :)

Good on the Yilmaz guys, they've done their time being abused by pissed arseholes over the years, nice to see that they can now chill out a bit and run a nice place. I may have to go in soon for a meat feast... May have to leave Mrs Keef at home >:D<

I will miss the kebab shop bit, as it was always my preferred choice, but this will be great for kebab & wine's business, so everyone's a winner!

I second what you say keef about abuse etc. The amount of blood, vomit, chilli and salad strewn all over the pavement on that strech got a bit much at times. Kebab and wine will have more of that now no doubt. I am glad to see that Yilmaz has finally just gotten rid of those gold christmas trees from the new sides window.

karter Wrote:

> I second what you say keef about abuse etc. The

> amount of blood, vomit, chilli and salad strewn

> all over the pavement on that strech got a bit

> much at times. Kebab and wine will have more of

> that now no doubt. I am glad to see that Yilmaz

> has finally just gotten rid of those gold

> christmas trees from the new sides window.

Please - I'm eating my lunch...........