Stabbing on Peckham Rye Lane this afternoon

Jaws

In defence of silverfox, there were a series of postings on multiple threads on Saturday morning which looked very much like they had been made up. They've now been removed, but they may have caused the old devil to be a little suspicious.

PS Not removed by me - I have absolutely no relationship with our moderate moderators.

Silverfox you must be losing it.

Jaws I sympathise with you, what an horrific scene you have witnessed.

No wonder you are in a state of shock.

After such an event I always pick up a book I am familiar with,

and as I read it takes me further away from the situation.

Just because it makes someone suspicious does not mean they HAVE to post on here with their suspicions.

They could have just kept quiet rather than writing shite and causing more distress to the opening poster.

silverfox you ar$e. Hope you're proud.

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In defence of silverfox, there were a series of

> postings on multiple threads on Saturday morning

> which looked very much like they had been made up.

> They've now been removed, but they may have caused

> the old devil to be a little suspicious.

>

> PS Not removed by me - I have absolutely no

> relationship with our moderate moderators.

Huguenot Wrote:

> In defence of silverfox, there were a series of

> postings on multiple threads on Saturday morning

> which looked very much like they had been made up.

>

If there were several bogus threads about yesterday, then I could maybe understand the first post by silverfox. However his subsequent posts have been completely indefensible - totally inappropriate and worthy of a very humble apology to Jaws.

Silverfox, given the number of bona-fide people that have vouched for Jaws (including me), accept it. Its true.

Jaws has been on the Forum for along time, but doenst post very much, as is her right. In fact Jaws registered on the Forum in May 08, Silverfox in March 09, so she does have seniority, if such things are important to you.

In fact you should have accepted it after Brum's supporting post.

Sorry to hear you saw that Jaws and had to defend yourself afterward.

I was involved on another thread with Silverfox and he had the same traits there - too suspicious and lacking empathy for other peoples experiences and situations. Best to give him a wide berth in my opinion.

Hope you're ok Jaws. I was one of the people stuck on a bus yesterday around this time and saw about 5 police vans and 4 ambulances going past so don't doubt for a second that something pretty nasty went on. I even told my non London living sister that I was going to be late because someone's had been stabbed or something and now feel very bad about it as I didn't realise how close I was to the truth.

thanks guys...and a huge thank you to those that have sent me private messages-for some reason my mobile wont let me reply to them, but thank you, it was very thoughful of you...

The police arrested them both at the scene as they couldn't really run off in the state they were both in as they both obviously needed ambulances.

Sorry to hear about other awful experiences people have had-sometimes it frightens and disgusts me of how evil and cruel some people in this world can be, especially when it's on your doorstep....I have seen other horrible scenes before, as I'm sure many have, but I guess it was because of how savage it was and I'm sad to say, possibly because it was two women that it shook me up a little....I'm totally fine now-thanks again to all-I'm off to cook strawbs a roast!

I was in Peckham with my daughters when it happened. We saw the beginning of it in the Pink nail and hair shop by the No 12 bus stop. We didn't hang about because we had to get our pedicure further up the road but it spilled out onto the street and there was a massive crowd around the women who were fighting.

I didn't see the actual bottling, but the road was cordoned off by the police and no-one could go through for about 40 minutes or so. There was no ambulance that I could see by the time the road was cordoned off, (but it seems I might have missed that), so maybe their wounds may not have been as serious as they might have looked.

After the road was opened back up, the CSI guys were around for quite a while with bags of evidence and police stayed in the area for a few hours questioning people.

I saw Jaws down there too before all of this kicked off, so Silverfox, you nasty piece of work, I think you owe her an apology.

Peckham is probably the stabbing capital of the world - a Google search on "peckham stabbing" yields 15,800 hits.

I've seen dozens of catfights spill out onto the street from various hair and nail emporiums along Rye Lane over the past few years.

I saw Jaws' post and silverfox's response yesterday but thought I'd count to ten before jumping into the affray in case a challenge upset the wrong person and got the forum shut down.

My sympathies to Jaws - sounds like you've been exposed to a terrible experience.

Jaws Wrote:

> Peckham Rye Lane, as much as I love it for the

> foods etc etc I think the attitude of too many

> people who go there-are damn right rude. Not all

> but certainly many-in my personal opinion.

Don't forget seriously creepy & dangerous. I avoid this area like a plague. Attracts too many loose screws.

I must be a loose screw then.

I often walk the length of Rye Lane to get to 36 bus stop or library or opticians or somewhere the other end.

Walked it at night, too.

Alone.

Me, female.

I may not choose to shop in Little Africa (as it is sometimes called, just as Southall is Little India which is fine), but I've seen fights in Kings Road Chelsea, too.

I do hope you feel better about things soon and am glad to see you are comforted by the good 'uns!

I've lived off rye lane for 18 months and walked along it every day, evening, and lots of nights and never seen even a hint of bother- not even an argument.

Of course I hope the original poster is ok; but some of the knee jerk replies on here are very 'daily mail' and leave a bitter taste

let's keep perspective eh?

Soo you think do you that most people get mugged and/or attacked on Rye Lane and that those of us who haven't been are therefore lucky?

I think living within 2 miles of it you ought to leave. You're far too close for comfort.

Christ if I knew you I'd thump you with an attitude like that!

Damn, forgot to add the smiley icon thingy. Too late, they have taken it seriously. Oh well.

thexwinglessxbird Wrote:

> Excuse me???

>

> I think you're downright rude. Aslong as you don't

> PM me telling me you'r sorry & that you've 'had a

> bad day' because I didn't even buy it the first

> time round.

>

> You do realise that when people complain about

> rude forum members, they are referring to you.

>

> I'm not looking for attention - obviously. With a

> couple of posts making out that Peckham Rye is a

> lovely place to be, I think it's only right that I

> spread a little caution.

>

> Before insulting me, perhaps you should have asked

> me why I avoid this area.

>

> Get over yourself, Peckhamgatecrasher. You're a

> nasty piece of work.

Are you sure you meant to say all this, winglessbird? I thought PGC's comment was relatively mild, your response on the other hand seems disproportionately upset.