Is this it?

Ladymuck

I suggest you sit down (on creaky wooden chair if you have one) and stare silently a clock for a full hour - preferably one with an audible 'seconds' hand.

When your hour is up, try to bear in mind how many of those you probably have left until you kick the bucket, and then try and think of how you might go about filling them.

Beware of the all usual pitfalls that may befall you during this vulnerable time (course in Reiki, thinking about opening a Dive Shop in Thailand, Harley Davidsons etc etc).

You are as old as you feel, Ladymuck & you certainly don't look it, so you shouldn't be feeling it.

People snuff it at all ages, without accomplishing anything.

It is not too late. Rather than worry, start thinking about what you would like to achieve (make a list!) & stick with it. We are like 8 weeks? into the new year. There is no better time than to start now & by 2011 you can feel great!

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been wondering lately. I am getting old and

> have suddenly got this unnerving feeling that I

> haven't actually achieved very much on this

> earth...compared with others. Now I am frantic

> that I might snuff it without having had the

> chance to do something worthwhile or sufficiently

> fulfilling. To make matters worse, I am unsure as

> to what I actually mean by worthwhile or

> fulfilling. Even if I did, is it too late to do

> anything about it...i.e. is it possible to catch

> up so to speak? And, if not, how does one go

> about doing this - given that there never seem to

> be enough hours in the day?

>

> Does anyone else feel like this? Or am I just

> being melodramatic?

I would think most people feel like this from time to time in their life. You just have to live yours the way that feels right to you. I would say that its never, ever too late to do anything.

Maybe just have a think about what you feel may be missing or where you feel unfulfilled and don't be too harsh on yourself. Try not to compare with others as we each have unique circumstances as to how we got to a particular place in life. There is always a way and yes, you can 'catch up'.

Do you feel as if life is cheating you because you haven't had your first heart attack or stroke yet?

Well help is at hand, if you over eat and take up smoking and drinking heavily, you may be able to do like katie1997 says

and "catch up".;-)

The answer is to just do your thing.

BUT

A big problem people may have is determining exactly WHAT is their thing.

For some it's a no brainer, they have their thing and they JFDI.

For others perhaps nothing (or few things) has grabbed them so intensely.

Most folks I find who are doing their thing and happy in it aren't looking sideways to compare against anyone else, even if that somebody else is doing the same kinda thing, cos when you're happy doing your thing, you're happy that other people are doing their thing too.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> If you spent less time on here you might get

> something done.

I've done a bit of posting research which I trust wont offend anyone as I'm doing my best not to offend anyone or anyone's friend either...

Average Monthly Posts (approx) LM 188, JL 235

This research suggests that Jah can impart some additional advice as how one spends so much time on here and still manages to get things done.....or not as the case may be!

> I've done a bit of posting research which I trust

> wont offend anyone as I'm doing my best not to

> offend anyone or anyone's friend either...

>

> Average Monthly Posts (approx) LM 188, JL

> 235

>

> This research suggests that Jah can impart some

> additional advice as how one spends so much time

> on here and still manages to get things

> done.....or not as the case may be!

Nope. Still not scary enough. Bordering on tediously polite in fact. Pull yourself together man.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Thanks Declan. Very observant of you. Well done.

Thanks Jah, but I was really hoping to spark some insightful remarks from you. God knows I like statistics but in this case I haven't even subtracted LM's 50's,100's etc postings which don't really count in my opinion. The disparity might possibly be huge if I did!

Narnia Wrote:

> >

> LB, are you trying to lure into a very expensive

> lawsuit?

*looks over shoulder to ensure LB isn't watching/listening*

pssst...

*whispers*

Declan...I think it's called entrapment. However, the good news is that, if you are lured by LB (as a law enforcement officer) into committing an offence, then you may use the entrapment itself as a defence...i.e. you can say that you would never have broken the law if not tricked into doing so. Hee hee.

*hears rustling in the bushes...suspects LB...sneaks off quietly*

*but not before blowing a massive raspberry at JL*

brum Wrote:

> daizie wrote:

> I sit in the same position looking ahead of me for

> ages. I like seeing how many hours i can waste, 4

> hours in one sitting is the most iv'e achieved.

>

>

>

> ... have you thought about becoming an artist's

> model...?

And don't listen to him Daizie. He's just trying to get you to take your kit off.

Narnia Wrote:

I haven't even

> subtracted LM's 50's,100's etc postings which

> don't really count in my opinion. The disparity

> might possibly be huge if I did!

I disagree - surely the "100s" require a degree of lurking to get the timing spot on rather than a quick dive in, post and out..?