squatters on goose green (Lounged)

maryopl

I know some of these squatters very well. They are quite dishonest. They are not homeless individuals as they all live at home with their parents and take turns to stay in the house. One of them lives in my house and every time I go to work I come back wandering what else has been stolen. BE WARY.

They are not homeless individuals in need of a home.

helena handbasket Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Those windows are pretty high up. It makes me

> wonder if they already knew one might be open? A

> bit of a shot in the dark otherwise, no?

Perhaps they used the gift of eyesite.

> Now this is completely my own little fictional

> narrative running through my head, but it almost

> sounds like the kind of thing that might happen

> when handy people are called in to do some work

> and you are "mysteriously" burgled a few days

> later.

>

> No need to shout, by my own admission I completely

> made that up and there is nothing mentioned

> previously to suggest this happened. Just my

> imagination running away on me again..........

>

I thought you were going to stop making things up? What's your point?

They are local. A couple live close to East Dulwich and others in Central London. They do not actually live there and go back to their parents home on a very, very regular basis. It's more of a teenage boys den than it is a squat for homeless young people desparate for somewhere to live.

Hot water, electricity - they do not need it! Their parents feed them at home, their parents do their laundry, they bath at their parents home where they live for 5-6 days a week, their parents give them pocket money and they stay at the squat when their parents let them out to play. Most of them still go to school!

Typically mum and dad will cook them their dinner at home and then they will come out to play in their den. They will go back to their parents house when they are hungry, will have a cup of cocoa, stay in a warm bed and watch TV (Satellite or cable)at their parent's expense. Most of them come from affluent backgrounds, are not homeless, live in nice houses and have caring and doting parents. It's a bit of a game!

Well Ruffers, several years ago, back on page 6..

goosegreenteam Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> you don't know us, and

> until you meet us don't make assumptions about who

> we are and what we stand for.

While you may be getting water and electricity supply accounts by the book, are you able to say that members of your team are able to get finance for the water/gas and electricity by the book? Most of you are still at school aren't you? I suggest you ask members of your team to confirm they are funding the finance of your squat by legal means only, but just remember, one of your squatters lives in my house and I may already know what the answer is!

I suggest you make sure your team live above the law in all aspects of their life and do not abuse their parents' hospitality.

None of you are actually homeless are you? You have one or two people staying during the week so the squat is occupied. The rest of you are at home, watching TV with your parents.

Squats are for people who are homeless and they are not supposed to be a weekend retreat for teenagers who want to live on the edge. The hypocrisy is that the squat is your second home and you are using legislation and squatters rights to give youselves that second home. No doubt when you're all qulaified and working in the City you'll all buy a second home in the country as an alternative and look back at the radical good old days with fondness.

Their parents feed them at home, their parents do their laundry, they bath at their parents home where they live for 5-6 days a week, their parents give them pocket money and they stay at the squat when their parents let them out to play. Most of them still go to school!

Typically mum and dad will cook them their dinner at home and then they will come out to play in their den. They will go back to their parents house when they are hungry, will have a cup of cocoa, stay in a warm bed and watch TV (Satellite or cable)at their parent's expense.

Good grief - you sound like a stalker...

How the f*ck did I miss this thread?

Squatting is not 'legal' - it's just that it's not a crime per se. There is a big difference. It is trespass, and the person with the right to possession is entitled to possession subject to going through the right procedural hoops.

Did someone really post "all property is theft"?

I've seen it all now.