HELP - baby friendly restaurant - in the evening

I am looking for a restaurant where I can have dinner with friends and a baby, either around ED, South Bank, London Bridge or Victoria. Anyone have any ideas please. So far have thought of Benugos, Canteen. It's to celebrate a birthday so was trying to think of somewhere a bit more special (which won't break the bank) but don't really have any ideas...

Not really a restauant that fits your wants anyway but FYI the Plough has a no children after 7pm rule (even sleeping babies!). We used to go there fairly often to eat, and in the daytime it is child friendly, they are just not welcome in the evening.

Other good thing about locale is you can eat outside - useful if little one is asleep in the pram. This was our plan for our first evening meal out when little one was 6 months-ish. In reality I walked around for an hour trying to get him to sleep and then went home. My wife and our friends had a lovely meal sat outside though.

Hi Nikki,

I was in the Italian, Si Mangia, on Forest Hill Rd (next to ED's small Co-op)on Friday evening and although we were sans bebe ourselves, there were lots of kids and a stack of high chairs available....I don't know if it would pass muster as special enough with some folks, but we are never disappointed (husband recommends Scallops in Sambucca).

Claire

We go to Locale early evening with our brood (3 aged 8, 5 and 1), which is usually quiet with few people in at all and the staff have always been helpful in providing high chairs, colouring etc. I take the view that we should be finished and gone by the time people who have paid for baby sitters are likely to be in the restaurant - this doesn't always work out but I feel is fair approach to all.

We also use both Locale and Si Mangia as good places to go with the kids. Like Mrs TP we tend to go early (5 - 5.30ish), so the kids aren't tired and the restaurant isn't busy. Locale staff have always been brilliant with the kids and the food is nice.

Another thumbs up for locale. Having the wedding reception there with approx. 5 babies in attendance and they've been great about it! Were also fab when we went to a pretty formal dinner there when Baby Baldock was 2 weeks old and he started screaming in the middle of speeches/desert. No one batted an eyelid...

i'd definitely recommend si mangia too. it's certainly nothing fancy, but the food's lovely (and very reasonable) and our son has always been welcomed (quite literally) with open arms (and into the kitchen on occasion!). we love it there.

It's a bit further away, up sydenham hill near the horniman, but That's Amore on Kirkdale as the most amazing food and their own highchair. They are very baby friendly and have music on friday night (might be sat..can't remember). But food is delicious and I bring my baby there all the time.

Jen

sunflowerbath Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's a bit further away, up sydenham hill near the

> horniman, but That's Amore on Kirkdale as the most

> amazing food and their own highchair. They are

> very baby friendly and have music on friday night

> (might be sat..can't remember). But food is

> delicious and I bring my baby there all the time.

>

> Jen

Just one highchair?