A moment of madness...

Ladymuck

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Couldn't you have take the jeans off?

Certainly not Huguenot! One has standards to maintain (low ones- but standards nevertheless).

And sorry to disappoint Narnia - it is the barmaid who is pregnant, not the Hobbit.

Oh my - it gets worse!

• 3 months later...

northlondoner Wrote:

> Surely we've all thanked the ATM after its

> dispensed the cash?

>

> Or even left the cash protruding from the machine

> and gone home?

>

> Right?

northlonder - absolutely right! i have often left my card in the machine and i have also walked away leaving my shopping bags behind....

today i left my suitcase on a train and when someone tried to return it to me, i insisted it wasn't mine (i was just testing them, i mean, i did take it off their hands eventually)

anyone else had moments of madness lately?

What ARE you on Katie43529?

Anyway, today I had to meet a lovely forumite outside G&B at 7.30 pm. Unfortunately, her time management skills leave much to be desired and she was late. I was very tired (had only had 2 hours' sleep the previous night) and decided to sit down...on the pavement, my back against the front of G&B. Still no lovely forumite...I got bored...and decided to entertain myself by saying "any spare change?" to passers by...just for the hell of it...

Then she arrived...

...and we had a lovely evening...

...(with my takings...)

The very last bit is a fib.

• 2 months later...

The amount of times I have stood at my front door,

tapping in my Oyster Card

and wondering why the front door won't open!

Kells Wrote:

> Ouch indeed! Trying to get through the ticket

> barriers with a Barclays connect card. And then

> getting annoyed when it doesn't work.

mr VBC finds it hilarious that I unintentionally refer to those devices as, "Bluberries". I even do it at work when reporting an issue to IT. And now Mr VBC has a new job at this place, I often mix it up and refer to them as "Burberries" on alternate occasion. :-$

Talking of kiddy confusion I was obsessed by this place that Billy Idol used to sing about, "Hot Lemon City"... I had visions of lemon curd oozing everywhere.

My latest moment of madness: in the (no nonsense, serious) Drawing Room of ALL places!

I posted my two cents' worth and provided a link - which should have been for the very high brow sounding "Institute of Fiscal Studies" - only for another poster on the thread to subsequently point out (not without some element of mocking, I should add) that the link was in fact for a bottle of Sambuca! I.e. a bottle of booze of all things!

I had indeed earlier "cut and pasted" the URL for Sambuca for insertion in another thread, but somehow had not got around to actually doing it - must have got distracted. I can only assume that when I attempted to provide the link for the Institute of Fiscal studies, my computer remembered the Sambuca URL...

Of ALL the places on this forum for this to happen! Utterly mortifying!:-$

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

"you don't

> have to be mad to work here but it helps" stickers

Ha ha that just made me think there should be a sign saying "you don't have to be mad to post here, but it helps" (for the lounge)

(Speaking for myself of course :D)

*sent from my blueberry*

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> >

> oh dear VBC - I do hope there aren't "you don't

> have to be mad to work here but it helps" stickers

> around the places as well....

The "keep calm and carry on" posters are enough to make me question why I am still working here. These really are the kind of people that would say things like, "I'm totally crazy me". I can testify that they are mad, just not in the way they think they are.

anyhoos, I have moved on to my Burberry now, which I like to think is a lot cooler B)

No? :-S

No. :(