forum picnic

citizenED

*Shifts nervously in seat*

Hey, The Dog has a big garden and heaters.... And if I'm not mistaken we'd be lining the same pockets either way ;-)

I'm interested in this part of the plan, as I will most likely join you guys in the pub after 6...

Yeah, the Plough has a better and bigger garden. Incidentally I was in the Dog last night or should that read outside the Dog for the first time since the smoking ban came in. At 10pm you have to go inside or to the garden part out the back if you want a fag. I stood around with a couple of pals, standing up with beer in one hand, fag in the other, couldn't get a table so we buggered off. Besides, it's quicker for me and I expect a few others to walk home from the Plough rather than the Dog.

Well the weatherman interviewed on BBC London this morning said that after today (hmmmm) the next 3 days would remain bright and sunny. As ever, conjecture wins over facts

If it's wet on Sunday - well, one person's wet is another person's it'll-be-alright-in-15-mins. I say check this thread around nooninsh and we'll make a collective decision?

If we do go to the park, it's called a picnic, what are we doing for food?

Sean, agree about the raincheck - lets make that collective decision about park or Plough around noon on Sun.

If picnic, i've already said I'll bring a fruit salad and champagne. Might bring some sarnies too - other people could post up what they will bring so not too much duplication.

As for Georgia's post about recognising us by the bottles and cans, well, naughty Georgia! As others will testify, in truth the Forum is virtually teetotal so she was obviously joking. I guess there was the hope that a few folks might come with their kids so it was more a family event than is the case with the Forum drinks. Basically all are welcome.

For Dungdag and others - I posted earlier that, "this little beano is set for Sunday 29th July in Dulwich Park from 3pm. We'll be somewhere on the grass area in front of the Pavilion Cafe, hopefully near the line of trees and shrubs. There will be me, Mrs C and our little two-year old. all welcome, see you there...". We'll have an orange scarf on a stick. Buggie's gang are aiming to set up in that same area too.

citizen

Fingers crossed on the weather

I'll be with lots of people saying how nice the park is (as it'll be their first time there!!) if the weather's ok and we are picnicing could be up for rounders if anyone fancied - otherwise we'll see you in the plough too (being upper east side residents!)

Sean, we will be there, myself, Mrs C and our 2 year old, at 3pm on the grass area in front of Pavilion Cafe - an orange scarf on a stick - a fruit salad, a bottle of champagne. Mrs C looking forward to your chicken Mr Mac G.

Sunshine courtesy of an omnipotant being (none less than the Administrator)

citizen