>

> America 7th, when half the population seem to live

> in trailor parks?

>

> Seattle was voted the best city to live in, and it

> rains all the time?

>

> New Zealand with 60 million sheep, 3 million

> people and sitting on volcanic substances?

Apparently, Seattle has the highest suicide rate in the States! Always fancied going though...

Yes , France is a great place to live. Just don't remind them about the war. Best to take your own white flag in case there's an invasion while your there and there's a shortage. And don't bother going there if you are Jewish, or black, or Asian...or - well don't really bother going if you're not French.

Whoever wrote this study must have some realestate in France for sale.

When the guys came back after the end of the war the most frequent chant was 'never trust a Frenchman, always trust a German', I wonder why?

Everyone I know who has invested in a property has had difficulty selling it for what they paid in spite of any restoration they may have added.

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Where is Sweden on that list?

>

> High standard of living.

>

> Free love with beautiful women.

>

> They all have homes in the country as well as

> their urban place.

Yeah but Steve, what about abba.

LordshipLovely Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Apparently, Seattle has the highest suicide rate

> in the States! Always fancied going though...

Interestingly... of all the countries on that list, which are better to live in than here apparently, only Spain and Malta have lower suicide rates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_rates

I don't actually think londoneers know what quality of life means, this is a very crap place to live actually. Lack of room in the houses make ppl feel like they are prisioners (and these don't even have to work for their food not even pay tv license either), traffic, wheather, stress, polution, bank holidays (lack of), crime...I don't see why we scored so high.

I?ve tried that before, I am a citizen of the Republic after all. Trouble is my knowledge of Ireland is pretty poor. When asked which part of the country my family comes from I just say, the rainy bit, and leave it at that.

Anyway back on the relative benefits of Britain as a place to live. When I was a student (back in the old country this was) I remember reading a book of far-fetched-fiction where the author describes how one of the most truly magnificent things these islands have to offer is to descend the stairs in the morning after an evening of libations into a kitchen which contains a buxom Northern lass mid fry-up.

This is something sublimely unique which Britain can be truly proud of.

The weather?s still shit mind.