Meeting people around ED

Clarey28

What you need to do clare is find a man who likes football. They are the best ones. Cant trust a man who does not as he will probably try to convert you to weekends of coffee and guardian reading talking culture and bollocks.

Find a pub that is showing the next england world cup match and......

Doh. I have just realised you might have to wait another 4 years to spot an england fan- unless you do what daizie suggests and go for a brazilian (or something equally smooth and foreign).

emc wrote:- It must be really annoying to post on here about something that is quite important to you and then just get lots of people trying to outdo each other in the humour stakes.

Sadly the humour is mirthless and the original poster seems to get little help for her request which is not the easiest subject even when discussing with close friends.

There is a couple of choirs that meet up but they also seem to have a shortage of men too, there is a dance place on Lordship lane which does salsa and line dancing for beginners too but you have to pay so much per evening I believe.

You might scan the what's on in ED bit of the forum.

Goose green gym is about 3 females to each male, much the same as other gyms. There is Brockwell Lido on sunny days 10am start at weekends for a change of scene.

Monthly drinks of the forum starts in September which is easier than going to the pub on your own because everyone is more agreeable and less like strangers somehow.

There has been one forum wedding to my knowledge, although I have little idea about the number of relationships created by this forum, be interesting to have some feedback from anyone out there, maybe start a seperate thread.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Ady's Road midnight sprint is where it's at

> indeed.

ha ha ha

Confirmed!

Just ensure, if you are wearing trousers, that they are secured appropriately.

(Dear God)

I good friend of mine seems to always meet new people through his walking clubs. I think it is the Blackheath walking Group and the Saturdays Waling Group or Saturdays Ramblers or somesuch. It?s all fully clothed as far as I know.

I do like the idea of a walking club... though that does worry me slightly as I'm only 31!

Clarey - I've only just moved here.. though with boyfriend in tow so don't need to worry about that.

I'd suggest that if you're looking for something that'll last you need to find your potential suitor in an environment where similar minds meet... i.e. if you're into reading - a book club, music - an orchestra, God - a local pastorate, eating - a dinner club... drinking - wine tasting (although I think I saw that it was ?300 for the course - ouch!!)

I realise that I'm just repeating some of what others have said on here!!

I've made loads of friends through my running club - although not local to me in ED, it's so big that people come from all parts of London to join.

Are you sporty? If so you could join a gym that has a social element or try the British Military Fitness training sessions they run in local parks round here... there tends to be a good mix of people in places like that and if you go often enough you get to know people :-)

Depends what you're into really... but I'd say that's the place to start looking, good luck! :-)

I know there's still a bit of a taboo in some people's heads about this, but have you thought of trying a website? Some of them actually have some really decent blokes on there - I've tried one myself when I was newly single and just needed a bit of a confidence boost, and it was the perfect remedy to a horrible break up with a nasty ex.

And if it's serious relationship you're after, I know of 2 friends who are now married to guys they met through MySingleFriend and also another one which i think is called Click. Could be worth a shot, even for a few fun dates with no strings?! The good thing is that you have alot more of a likelihood of actually meeting someone likeminded when you know a bit about each other BEFORE you have that 2nd bottle of rose :-)

I used mysinglefriend for a few months before meeting my lady and it was good fun. just nice normal girls up for a drink or a show and not the kind of girls you'd meet slurring after 4 large glasses of sav in some crappy bar. Id recommend it but obviously watch out for the sharking guys! Incidentally I didnt meet my lady on the website but I think just having and enjoying some dates helped alot when I did meet her.

I have been an on-line dating expert and apart from providing me with a lot of amusement and entertainment these blokes are single for very good reason and I have come to the conclusion that some people really should be on their own .

daizie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have been an on-line dating expert and apart

> from providing me with a lot of amusement and

> entertainment these blokes are single for very

> good reason and I have come to the conclusion that

> some people really should be on their own .

On the other hand from the recent experience I have had, I found a majority of the ladies are serial daters on the hunt for his elusive bloke who will match their expectations perfectly and therefore the 9 out of 10 times when he doesn?t they are always disappointed?. but the grass is always greener as they say.

dating agencies are no different than other areas in life where you may meet propective partners or contacts (depending on what you're after). It's naive to think otherwise.

There are people 'looking for love', looking to 'marry', 'looking to shag', which are all perfectly respectable IMO, as long as up front everyone is clear about their prefs. It can happen that you want 'a relationship', but have some damned fine rutting on the way before meeting 'The One'.

But ultimately it's up to YOU to discern who the person is stood in front if you.

This mention of sharks and blokes being single 'for a good reason' is a little generilistic, doesn't the same apply in any pub in town ? and where does it say that dating agencies carry people with the 'moral' high ground.

It's up to YOU to set your boundaries and tolerances of what you want/dislike/will allow and act accordingly.

So look after yourself and have some good fun on the way, if it suits YOU and doesn't hurt/confuse THEM.

You need to look inside your own positivity - have the strength of character to not judge - to happily accept the world around you and those that are in it and to cherish each individual as if they were an extension of yourself.

Failing that, Infernos in Clapham has loads of sausage.