8m didn't vote: if you don't like the result PLEASE sign this petition

Lucyalexandra

Toffee Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My point is why would 77,000 people try to mess up

> a legit petition. I wont be posting on this

> subject anymore, I dont like the inference that

> i'm some kind of racist.

Well, Foxy said that quite a few of those same from North Korea, which is either hackers or the Norks being their usual mental selves - either way those can be discounted. Regardless the fraud has been found out, which is good.

However, I'm struggling to see where anyone insinuated racism on your part? I've certainly pointed out issues regarding how my wife feels now, and my feelings about how some demographics have acted with their votes, and I stand by those, but I don't believe I accused you of racism (certainly apologise if you thought I meant that).

I signed this in protest but it won't lead to a 2nd referendum. I'm so sick of hearing about 'Britain's decision' and don't want the >14m who voted Remain to be forgotten when article 50 negotiations begin. There's a slim chance we won't find someone with the balls to invoke it or that our MPs won't pass the necessary bill I suppose. Fundamentally I think we need to respect the outcome and accept there's a huge disconnect between london, m4 corridor and the rest of the country. 17m can't all be thick and there seem to various reasons why they voted leave; many will believe they did the right thing for democracy and sovereignty but many are misguided, misinformed and some downright dispicable.

The epetition captures the country of origin and mp where a postcode is provided. You can download the data and see. This is what they mean by 'fraudulent', it hasn't been hacked. I don't think it says anywhere that it's for uk residents only and it doesn't block overseas IP addresses (presumably because we have residents overseas). These people probably think they are helping.

It's nearly 4 M now - how funny it was started by an out campaigner when they thought remain were winning. I've signed and most of my remain (UK voters) friends have now voted and one who voted out and regrets his vote. It is also funny how the out voters who 'won' are now getting flouncy about people like me having my democratic right to sign a petition and voice my opinion.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Anyone on the planet with an email/ multple

> emails can sign this petition.

>

> They can sign it as many times as they wish.

> Then can get their kids to sign it.

>

> It is meaningless.

You're not very informed Fox.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/concern-as-online-call-for-second-brexit-vote-gains-more-than-39/

Alan Medic Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Anyone on the planet with an email/ multple

> > emails can sign this petition.

> >

> > They can sign it as many times as they wish.

> > Then can get their kids to sign it.

> >

> > It is meaningless.

>

> You're not very informed Fox.

>

Link removed as did not work after cut and paste. from AM's post

I've already posted that link.. and others refering to the fraud. Do try to keep up.

DF

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> -----

> > DulwichFox Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Anyone on the planet with an email/ multple

> > > emails can sign this petition.

> > >

> > > They can sign it as many times as they wish.

>

> > > Then can get their kids to sign it.

> > >

> > > It is meaningless.

> >

> > You're not very informed Fox.

> >

> Link removed as did not work after cut and paste.

> from AM's post

>

> I've already posted that link.. and others

> refering to the fraud. Do try to keep up.

>

> DF

So if you were aware of the fraud being discovered what exactly is the point you are making? You said anyone could sign it and it was meaningless. But fraudulent votes are being discounted. Which means what? It's meaningful?

Aw c'mon - best of 3?

...damn - best of 5? - come on it's only fair!

Alright, let's call it a draw and stay as we are!

Put's me in mind of the classic Monty Python King of Britain v The Black Knight (of the European Empire?) fight:

Always worth a watch - even if just to cheer you up...

Alan Medic Wrote:

>

> So if you were aware of the fraud being discovered

> what exactly is the point you are making? You said

> anyone could sign it and it was meaningless. But

> fraudulent votes are being discounted. Which means

> what? It's meaningful?

Alan.. I do not want to dwell on the matter.

The point is that it was pointed out by people in a higher status than myself that there was scope for fraud.

It was investigated and 77,000 votes (so Far) were found to be fraudulant.

As I understand it. David Cameron has stated .. the vote was clear.. he resigned on the stregnth of that and has said there is no chance of a second referendum. I do not think he would of resigned if there was the slightest chance the decision could be reversed.

The Tories will have a leadership challenge .. I think labour might do the same... There will probably be the need

for a General Election and hopfully people will accept the outcome of the Election.

Elections are not a simple Yes/No In/Out situation with more than 2 options and there needs to be a sizable Majority.

So there may be another Coillition but I dont think so.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> There will probably be the need for a General Election and hopfully people will

> accept the outcome of the Election.

Someone asked this one Question Time on Sunday, but Dimblebot didn't put it to the panel...

What happens if there is a General Election and the winning party has a manifesto promise of staying in the EU. Does that effectively quash the referendum result?

DulwichFox Wrote:

>

> It was investigated and 77,000 votes (so Far) were

> found to be fraudulant.

>

Which is less than 2% of the 4m+ that have signed.

> As I understand it. David Cameron has stated ..

> the vote was clear.. he resigned on the stregnth

> of that and has said there is no chance of a

> second referendum. I do not think he would of

> resigned if there was the slightest chance the

> decision could be reversed.

It couldn't be reversed by him and he knew that. If he said "we've had a vote but I'm ignoring it" he'd be absolutely slaughtered. But he knows that if someone else is elected off the back of a pro remain campaign, they could well ignore it.

But I can't see anyone in the tory party ignoring it. And I can't see Labour getting anyone elected, so it's all just what ifs.

What Otta said above.

Even the most fervent in the remain set of the Tories will not be able to back ignoring this referendum result. It's quite clear that the people have spoken. The only ones who can really take a punt are those with little to lose, such as the Lib Dems. But let's face it, with 8 MP's, can't see them doing much.

Louisa.

Not that I think there will be another referendum, but I do wonder who is going to push the Article 50 button. The referendum as I'm sure has been said before is 'advisory'. It strikes me that pushing it or refusing to will require an equal amount of courage or stupidity depending on your viewpoint.I sincerely hope there is a way of bypassing the referendum result that doesn't leave the populous more divided than they are now.

This petition now has more than 4 million signatures. I hope people are continuing to share it.

As I said before, I didn't sign because I want a second referendum that simply repeats the first, but because I'm keen to remind those in power that the country remains deeply divided on this important issue. This will effect the complex decisions they take in the weeks to come.

I do not believe that referenda are a constructive way of making major policy decisions. This particularly applies when they are hi-jacked as vehicles to win power for people like Boris Johnson. I do not believe that this man is merely an amusing, straight-talking buffoon, with an engaging ability to spout gobbets of ancient history. He has the capacity to be the least competent, and most dangerous, person to lead this country in living memory.