Changing Bags - recommendations???

I'm currently faced with one of the hardest decisions of my life: what changing bag to buy for new baby.

I am after something that is a little bit chic, a little bit different yet still very functional (ie can use for all baby's needs as well as a bag for myself). Willing to pay a bit more than is strictly necessary, but nothing extorionate.

Any recommendations?

I am having to make the same decision! Although I do have until August!

I like these a lot:

http://www.pinklining.co.uk/shop/aw09/changing-bags/yummy-mummys/

there are more versions to if you have a browse around john lewis.

Also I quite like the Cath Kidston bags:

http://www.johnlewis.com/230742053/Product.aspx?source=14798

but they are quite girly...

And there is the whole dilemma of whether it 'goes' with the pushchair!! :)

Yes, tho nappy bit better for disposables than cloth.

Very handy for the weaning stage with the food coolbag bit.

Now at 18 months I've taken the two mini pods out and use that big section for my cloth nappies, coat/Cardigan etc and still plenty of space and other sections for my bits.

Plus it has the straps to hang on the buggy.

Of the bags I've tried or seen, Id say that and Skip Hop (Duo I think - the bigger one with the flap over) are the best two, though not tried masses and do love the look of some of the others I've seen.

Molly

Thanks so much, Forumites! I think I am going to go for the Skip Hop so that my husband can use it without feeling too ridiculous, and then subtly hint to various family members that I deserve one of the flasher, more 'grown up lady' ones - maybe a Lin and Leo.

I never had one and will not be for the 2nd either.... instead i bought a lovely big leather bag from whistles that went over the handles of the pram perfectly and doubled it as mine and his bag and we got along perfectly with that...

I really do not think that they are essential- just my opinion!!

The cath kidston one comes in cowboy print if you dont' want to go too girly - that's what we got, though later I graduated to the baby bjorn rucksack (not glam but v practical esp when carting the buggy up steps at the tube for example).

Baby Bjorn change bag

I agree that in a way they're not essential but it's useful getting the extras eg travel change mat and what I like about the BB one is that it has two insulated pockets that fit bottles (or your own drink if need be).

I love my floral bouquet OiOi changing bag - comes with all the necessary bits and bobs, and (best of all!) it's wacky pattern provides hours of amusement for my son while I faff about changing him in all sorts of places...

Oioi do a good few 'normal looking' bags too.

craigy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I never had one and will not be for the 2nd

> either.... instead i bought a lovely big leather

> bag from whistles that went over the handles of

> the pram perfectly and doubled it as mine and his

> bag and we got along perfectly with that...

>

> I really do not think that they are essential-

> just my opinion!!

Me neither. Don't really get why you need a special bag. Am I missing something?!

You don't really need a special bag, no, but change bags can be handy as they normally have more compartments, including some on the outside that fit bottles and other tut. They also come with a little matching change mat.

Essentially the 'need' for a new change bag is a thinly veiled attempt to justify getting myself one, possibly two new bags.

i have a billy bag. i am happy with it although two drawbacks: it's a bit heavy so awkward to carry with a sling and no cool bag section. one tip though: i got it as a present from the john lewis sale with over 50% discount. could be worth waiting a wee bit to see what the sales have to offer and get 2 for the price of one!! i used the boots freeby for a month or so and that was perfectly adequate for the first few weeks, although a bit plain

Nor me. As long as it fits over the buggy handles and my other half could use it without embarrassment then any old bag OK for us - LOL.

Kind of found it irritating that companies could find even more unnecessary baby stuff to make me covet so determined not to give in to it - in the bag department anyway.

BellendenBear Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> craigy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I never had one and will not be for the 2nd

> > either.... instead i bought a lovely big

> leather

> > bag from whistles that went over the handles of

> > the pram perfectly and doubled it as mine and

> his

> > bag and we got along perfectly with that...

> >

> > I really do not think that they are essential-

> > just my opinion!!

>

> Me neither. Don't really get why you need a

> special bag. Am I missing something?!

Love change bags! Initially got a skip hop plain one - now an oioi giraffe print. Both of them have the little extra straps which mean bag can attach to pram more easily. But I'm quite into my baby shopping opportunities. Just think the wipe clean inside is good and matching mat/stay cool bits etc. I do carry round an awful load of rubbish though, no bag ever seems big enough!

Like these too - special bags for sling mums!

I've treated myself to two new bags - got them off eBay in a vague attempt to justify it! One is a Lin & Leo leather one which I love, it doesn't look like a change bag and it opens up fully with lots of little pockets so easy to access everything. The other one is from Cath Kidston. It's lightweight, wipe-clean on the inside and comes with a bottle bag so seems very practical, but the mat that comes with it takes up most of the space inside. Storksak and Orla Kiely do nice ones as well but they're more pricey.

Someone also gave me one of those compact ones from Melobaby that you pop inside your normal bag, and actually it seems pretty handy and I imagine hubby will end up using this one.