New Prime Minister and outlook - factual update

Rook

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Boris has endorsed Leadsom. That's her out, then.

Not a surprise, I think they're made for each other. Both a couple of air-heads with a questionnable relationship with the truth.

Leadsom said:

"So really carefully because I am sure, I don't really know Theresa very well but I am sure she will be really really sad she doesn't have children so I don't want this to be 'Andrea has children, Theresa hasn't' because I think that would be really horrible.

"But genuinely I feel being a mum means you have a very real stake in the future of our country, a tangible stake.

"She possibly has nieces, nephews, lots of people, but I have children, who are going to have children, who will directly be a part of what happens next.

"So it really keeps you focused on 'what are you really saying?'. Because what it means is you don't want a downturn but 'never mind, let's look ahead to the ten years', hence it will all be fine. My children will be starting their lives in that next ten years so I have a real stake in the next year, the next two."

She clearly implies that having children makes her a better choice for PM than May: "She possibly has nieces, nephews, lots of people, but I have children." She wasn't tricked into saying it, she was asked what she thought were the major differences between herself and May and she said "Economic competence and family."

The "I don't want this to be 'Andrea has children'" comment is so transparently disingenuous, it's like saying "I don't want this campaign to be about the fact that my opponent is a former drug addict and has been in prison and I don't want it mentioned again, and I'll make sure it's never mentioned again by saying I don't want it mentioned at every opportunity." If she didn't want the campaign to feature the fact that she has children and May hasn't, why mention it at all?

She'd already proved what a foul person she is with her gay marriage and fox-hunting stance, she's been proved to be a liar with her CV, and this puts the icing on the cake of her unpleasantness.

WorkingMummy Wrote:

> she is awful.

> I bet the Tory party membership love her

Yes, it's very scarey as they're the ones who will vote for the final selection. Stretching credulity to breaking point that she was not being disingenuous regarding her comments about having children, can someone as tactless as this be trusted to negotiate on our behalf with Europe? Odious woman.

For God sake .. Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn calls for unity at Durham Miners' Gala..

Going on about Thatcher destroying the Mining industry..

Well I and many others were there in the 1980's spporting the Miners..

My Grandad worked in the Mines of South Wales at the age of 13. 1900's ish looking after Pit Ponies.

so I have a great deal of empathy with Miners.

That speech would of seemed apt in the 80's but has less impact today..

The man lives in the past.. But it's not so much what he says , but more about the way he says things.

I cannot put my finger on it..

Nothing he says is ground breaking. Its all been said before..

I do not think he would make a 'Great' Prime Minister in this age..

And I do not think he will survive as Labour Leader.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> And I do not think he will survive as Labour Leader.

If he does, I'm not sure there will be much left of Labour to lead.

Corbyn is the least democratic political leader we have seen since Thatcher..

.. prepared to split the Labour Party and ditch fellow Members in an attempt to get his own way.

He is Stubborn with a self determination not to change his attitude.

The 'Gentleman' is not for turning..

DulichFox

Andrex Leadsom is a slippery eel of a politician, just horrible, probably loved by the party to the point of adoration

And there's something of the Edwina Curry about her

Oh lord, I feel like the hermit in the cave who was made to speak after years of silence, and my first words were "Edwina Curry"

*washes tongue*

Mrs T for me please, Terresa May that is. And who'd have thought that we'd be endorsing that now

The country has truly farted, and followed through this time

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/09/andrea-leadsom-tea-party

Everywhere you look it's bad. I'm beginning to think the Lib Dems are now the attractive option, so i know I'm definitely going mad!

Leadsom and May will take government further to the right and that doesn't bear thinking about.

Corbyn is a stubborn old fool who is prepared to rip the Labour party apart rather than do the right thing. Many long time Labour supporters like myself will never forgive him if Labour completely implodes.

Which I think leaves a void for the rise of a new centrist party, or the resurgence of the Lib Dems.

If Corbyn goe it leaves a space for labour and

Tory to kiss and make up, becoming one party. A

Healthy opposition could arise in there party.

I feel corbyn would be better away from the labour

party, it is no longer an opposing party, not for a long long time.the only thing I have seen that has brought any balance to labour,has been the varying views within labour,more true to the people they represent, of which Corbyn has always been one. I

have never voted labour as to me its full of Tories. One small step for mankind, step over and join yer mates, think of all the back bench banter.

TE44 Wrote:

> I have never voted labour as to me its full of Tories.

You've never voted Labour? Reading your posts I thought you were a fully paid up member.

Reports are saying she couldn't take the heat of the campaign after her ill-judged 'motherhood' comment. That would have been nothing compared to actually being PM, so she is best off out of it.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Looks like Leadsom is quitting, as the public have

> realised what an evil witch she is. So no LSD for

> now...

But even she didn't stab anybody in the back - Michael :)

Otta Wrote:

> Anyway, great to see Leadsom fall on her sword,

> silly cow.

Can't get this from Billy Bragg out of my head now:

Goodbye and good luck to all the promises you've broken

Goodbye and good luck to all the rubbish that you've spoken

Your life has lost its dignity, its beauty and its passion

You're an accident waiting to happen.