What has become of the EDF?

daizie

katie1997 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Official Announcement: Let it be known that the

> "powers that be" gave me a bag of gold stars.

>

> So......I hereby award the first of these

> prestigious, coveted awards to:

>

> *drum roll*

>

> .........brum. Because I like what he said.

>

> (yes, if you go back a few hundred pages, you will

> see that his post has been awarded a shiny,

> flashing gold star icon in the top right hand

> corner)

>

Thanks Katie!

Ahem... *clears throat*...

I am so shocked to receive this! And quite speechless! Luckily, I have prepared a few words though, just in case I did win...

*fumbles in pocket for 6-page acceptance speech*

....I would like to graciously accept this golden star on behalf of all of you, my fellow local people. I know that someone has to win and today, well, its just my lucky day. We are all winners here, my friend... no time for losers, coz we are the champions....hahahahaha!

*silence from the auditorium... tumbleweed rolls across the stage*

...Okaayyy..... There are so many people I want to thank tonight...

*stagehand pulls plug from microphone*

Jah Lush Wrote:

> HonaloochieB Wrote:

>

> > *Which Kinks song reminds YOU of the EDF?

> > There's a 'Lola' styled cherry-cola for the

> best

> > answer.

>

>

> The Village Green Preservation Society.

>

> I hate cherry cola so I'll settle for a pint of

> Guinness. Cheers!

Hating cherry-cola? Correct!

Likening the EDF to The Village Green Preservation Society? Couldn't be correcteeeer.

As an ex resident who has fled to the other, sunnier, side of the world but cant quite shake the EDF wandering habit, there does seem to have been bit of a changing of the guard, as is only natural with such things, in the last year. Reassuringly there seem to be a fresh crop of charming mentalists and pub philosophers whose fevered rantings manage to occupy hours of my day that would otherwise be wasted working.

oh and as an aside the recent freakshow that was the 'I say no to lib dem yada yada' was pure comedy gold.

MrBen Wrote:

> - People met each other, became friends and cut

> out the middle man.

That sounds like me... especially if you add on when going out with friends met a nice guy who am now living with, hence spending less time on line.

> - The suit count started to outweigh the creatives

> (always a sign that the next wave is elsewhere -

> see hoxton now).

Ouch.... suit... guess that's also me!

I'd started posting much less before I met my other half - think the days of bigbadwolf put me off, and the general drift of the posters whose views I prefer reading. I use the forum more for "what's on" these days.

I just got round to reading the nunhead forum thread. Was pleased to see Atila is well. And I think Mikecg is being quite open and honest about what annoyed him, and is just trying to forget about it now, which is fair enough.

Must say, I don' know who the moderator is, but s/he seems to have had a bit of a humour bypass. They also seem to have used the excuse that BBW doesn't live in Nunhead, to ban him, which is a petty flimsy case, but I guess he has no right of appeal, so that is that.

Keef Wrote:

> I think Mikecg is being quite open and honest about

> what annoyed him, and is just trying to forget

> about it now, which is fair enough.

I got the opposite impression that he was still hung up on it. BBW as well. It's not dignified behaviour from either of them bit it's certainly entertaining to read their ranblings and especially BBW's repeated attempts to re-register under different names. I'm not sure it's the behaviour of a sane mind - he's recently been banned from another (much bigger) London based forum for pissing people off and being generally unpleasant.

I know I shouldn't pay attention to this kind of juvenile crap but it's compulsive viewing, car-crash TV stuff. Once you throw Computed Shorty's nonsensical paranoid rambling into the mix alongside an over zealous moderator, it almost makes staying on a Sunday night a viable option.

Keef Wrote:

> Well just because he has ben banned, and hadn't

> seemed to have been offensive (there was no one to

> offend really), so I guess the moderator as made

> up their mind, and that will be that.

I hope that's not your approach to everything in life. On the other hand you're entitled to your own view.

Keef Wrote:

> Sorry Narnia, I'm not really getting your piint

> about what I've said.

Just that you seem not to question a decision you think is wrong. You just accept it. That's all.

I never said I didn't question it, just that there was probably nout to be done about it. At the end of the day though, it's not really that important in the greater scheme of things, and I won't be losing sleep over it.

• 2 weeks later...

Others points of view.

( There's only Atila, Mikey and the moderator on the Nunhead Forum as far as I can see. )

(I know I shouldn't pay attention to this kind of juvenile crap but it's compulsive viewing, car-crash TV stuff. Once you throw Computed Shorty's nonsensical paranoid rambling into the mix alongside an over zealous moderator, it almost makes staying on a Sunday night a viable option. )

Not much allowed to happen as every message is questioned and made to look like the poster is wrong.

But have you realised who is playing their fovourite music game in the Lounge ( The song remains the same ) with the Moderator having the "P" taken out of: Not sure what to call the person as I have been told not to assume the gender of the Moderator, so I will settle for "It" That is used in the present tense. Could the other players be resurrected after banishmen? Now leading the way?

• 3 weeks later...
Question, why is it we only see the Saint George flag, flying everywhere when there is football tournement going on, and not many of us bother on 23rd of April.? All our folk are missing out, on what could be a real England day.Dont you think?