-------------------------------------------------------

> I had a business meeting there many years ago when

> I was managing a business development grant. They

> imported, personalised and distributed watches,

> etc. Quite nice having a meeting 5 minutes walk

> from home, rather than a thousand miles away for a

> change.

It was The London Clock Company.

I worked there for a while, apparently McDonalds had their eye on it before the Clock Co had decided to sell up!

The bottom picture was used as the warehouse when I was there and was still mostly intact, including the curtain on the screen right up to demolition, I always found it a bit spooky being in there! You could easily have got lost in there!

It is Keyworker accomodation now,

Asset Wrote:

> now now boys, chill out. everyone's entitled to

> their opinions, being called gullible is not

> exactly an insult.

> Personally think the Divine Light lot a load of

> twaddle. Anyone that keeps their so called

> "knowledge" a secret until they deem you are

> "ready", well - not very enlightened is it? Jesus

> handed his out to any one that would listen, as

> did Mohammed and Buddah.

No offence but if Jesus handed his out to anyone who would listen, where is it now and what was it?

Mark Wrote:

> > Jesus handed his out to any one that would

> listen, as did Mohammed and Buddah.

>

> and so does the Flying Spaghetti Monster

At least the FSM lives (apparently) unlike the others mentioned.

Asset Wrote:

> usual stuff I suppose - how to get to heaven,

> reach enlightenment, nirvana, get off the wheel,

> stop being reincarnated,avoid eternal damnation

> etc etc etc.

What is heaven.......somewhere we go to when we die? No proof of that. Besides what could be better than being happy and contented on earth?

Reach enlightenment, nirvana.......same thing I suppose. How to get there.....follow the signs. To do this I suppose you have to begin looking for them!

get off the wheel.......I think it only appears to be a wheel. Contentment isn't dependent on what we do.

reincarnation.......what's wrong with that? Not that I know it exists though I like the idea.

good old eternal damnation......who told you about that? I spent a good deal of my childhood thinking I would probably burn in hell. Now I think the only eternal damnation there is, is the one I choose. I don't have to though.

I think Cat Stevens once wrote 'The answer lies within'. I agree, but don't think one needs a religion to assist like he subsequently did.

Bored yet?

Gawd Declan - you won't let it lie will you. I'm not quite sure whether to take you seriously or not.

I am responding to your questions with answers that I have heard about whilst travelling through this life. Don't tell me you have never come across these philosophies or ideas in your travels? I find it hard to believe that you have no knowledge of the main religious beliefs and in fact I can make assumptions based on your last post.

You may be feeling somewhat put out by my comments regarding the Divine Light Mission and I have to say I have no personal experience of them so my opinions are only based on what I have heard from acquaintances who have been involved.

I am not in the slightest bit religious and I follow my own path to either enlightenment or nothingness thanks. You, likewise are entitled to follow your own path.

PS - in re. reincarnation, from what I have heard the aim is to stop being reincarnated and reach enlightenment, that's what's wrong with it.

OK - re-reading, you do have knowledge of beliefs, you are asking me if I do. I'm not sure if we are having an argument or not. Do you think I am religious? You have been asking me questions to which I have been giving fairly all religion-encompassing (based on my minimal knowledge) answers.

I think there was a thread not that long ago where there was a theological debate, someone else may be able to resurrect it (no pun intended ha ha).

XX

Asset Wrote:

> Gawd Declan - you won't let it lie will you. I'm

> not quite sure whether to take you seriously or

> not.

>

> I am responding to your questions with answers

> that I have heard about whilst travelling through

> this life. Don't tell me you have never come

> across these philosophies or ideas in your

> travels? I find it hard to believe that you have

> no knowledge of the main religious beliefs and in

> fact I can make assumptions based on your last

> post.

> You may be feeling somewhat put out by my comments

> regarding the Divine Light Mission and I have to

> say I have no personal experience of them so my

> opinions are only based on what I have heard from

> acquaintances who have been involved.

> I am not in the slightest bit religious and I

> follow my own path to either enlightenment or

> nothingness thanks. You, likewise are entitled to

> follow your own path.

>

> PS - in re. reincarnation, from what I have heard

> the aim is to stop being reincarnated and reach

> enlightenment, that's what's wrong with it.

>

>

> OK - re-reading, you do have knowledge of beliefs,

> you are asking me if I do. I'm not sure if we are

> having an argument or not. Do you think I am

> religious? You have been asking me questions to

> which I have been giving fairly all

> religion-encompassing (based on my minimal

> knowledge) answers.

> I think there was a thread not that long ago where

> there was a theological debate, someone else may

> be able to resurrect it (no pun intended ha ha).

>

> XX

Sorry Asset. I'm now letting it lie. Take care.

I ~never~ used the fire exit as an unauthorised means of entrance when the usherettes were otherwise occupied.

I just think it's unfortunate that the cinema didn't survive through to the resurgence of East Dulwich.

It may have been a smallish stage but it would have been sufficient for a live music venue for today's youngsters.

Macroban

not really as I presume the bomb sites existed once upon a time. I was thinking along the lines of your chance meeting with aliens who wanted to take you to the planet Zarf but you didn't go as you had it on good authority from watching The Stars at Night with Patrick Moore what there was no such place. Thus something you didn't do in a place that wasn't there!

I have a theory that there is nothing around the corner until you get there. No proof though.

Declan