What to buy a 13-year old boy: BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE

Hmmm, at 13 I'd need more info. My son & his friends are all this age and are all so different that it's hard to think of one gift that would 'fit all'. Is he into looking cool - so would clothes from a particular shop float his boat? Is he into gaming - if so what sort (Xbox, PS3 & so on) - is there a game he particularly wants? Is he a reader? Maybe music is his thing? If vouchers are out of the question then I'd say you need to know more before choosing a good gift.

Ondine Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> T shirt - I have 12 yr old girl and I see her male

> friends in all the snow

> boarding/surfing/Animal/Bench Ts. Or there's Red

> Molotov

Actually, I like the idea of a T-shirt - thanks, I never thought of that. But what in the name of Homer Simpson are you on about when you talk about "all the snow boarding/surfing/Animal/Bench Ts. Or there's Red Molotov"? You may as well be speaking in Chinese to me...sorry, but I really don't have a clue what you are talking about (I don't have children myself).

I'd be grateful if you could clarify?

Thanks.

ryedalema Wrote:

> Oh dear I read this as 'want to buy a 13 year old

> boy?'!!

>

> (Note to self - must pay attention to detail!)

*passes ryedalema pair of glasses*

Oh no - couldn't spare this 13-year old...he's one of my adorable nephews...my little baboosh. Anyway, now that you know I don't wish to sell him...any further ideas on a prezzie?

Is he too young for festivals/gigs etc? You could be a really cool Aunt giving him his first tickets (although his parents may hate you forever - hmmm maybe not).

And of course not saying that you aren't the cool Aunt already.

Oh dear - I'm tieing myself in knots.

What kind of stuff does he like to wear

I'm pretty sure Redmolotov are mail order only so may be too short notice for you

http://www.redmolotov.com/

and this sort of stuff - I haven't used this site btw - is just an example of the stuff I was talking about

http://www.urbansurfer.co.uk/animal?source=jellyfish&gclid=CLOQsur-hqICFRBk4wodrnhKWQ&T=1275673692&JTID=152802438&OGID=348&network=GAW

Hi Ladymuck. I have a 14 year old son so should be able to shed some light here.

I agree with Sillywoman, it's hard to say without knowing the boy but I think the suggestions from others are pretty accurate.

My son is quite into his PS3. If your nephew has a games console you could buy a (used)top rated game for that money such as FIFA09.

My son loves his pets. You could buy quite a nice fish tank plus a couple of goldfish for that money, something he could be responsible for now that he's a teenager, my son does. Also he has a pet hamster ( in his room) and likewise he takes responsibilty for changing the bedding, feeding etc. For the pleasure he's had and has daily from these, it's probably the best money we've ever spent.

All of you with younger children, do consider getting a family pet when your children are old enough; they're a lovely addition to family life.

Good luck Ladymuck! Hope your nephew has a great day.

Oh Ann - the pet sounds like SUCH a novel idea...and I would have gone for it...alas my nephew is a 50/50 child (if you'll pardon the expression) and this might cause problems...damn! So I'll have to give that one a miss...what a shame...

So, so far, I'm considering a T-shirt...don't know anything about consoles and games...difficult with child being 50/50 and I don't have contact with the mother (only the father)...oh life is so complex!

So any more ideas please...his birthday is on the 17th and I have to have it before then...please, please please xxxx

Yes - unfortunately Ryedalema is spot on...it's not a very nice situation for the 3 children...such nice children too.

Anyway Narnia - have you any ideas what to buy my little baboosh for his 13th birthday (?25 max:()?

Ladymuck Wrote:

> Yes - unfortunately Ryedalema is spot on...it's

> not a very nice situation for the 3

> children...such nice children too.

>

> Anyway Narnia - have you any ideas what to buy my

> little baboosh for his 13th birthday (?25 max:()?

?25 is plenty to spend on a 13 year old kid so don't beat yourself up over your budget LM! What does he like to do? A t shirt is fine but very safe IMO. Bit like getting socks at Christmas. More info on his nature and I'll put on my thinking cap......if I can find it. I have experience of buying for a 13 year old boy but that was 6 years ago! Still,I can look around his room to see what's accumulating dust.....

The problem with clothes or shoes is that if he's into what he wears, he'll want to buy it himself not have a well meanning adult chose it for him. If he's not that bothered, then it's not really a great gift. My boy's lovely Godmother bought him a fab 'cool' Tshirt for his 12th birthday last year, he was quite :-S about it as he just doesn't see clothes as any kind of present. It would be good to more more info about what your boy is into Ladymuck - could really help you then.

A small swiss army knife to sharpen his pencils.

An led torch which can generate it's own electricity by winding it up.

A kite.

Take him to Launch pad in the science museum, and call in to the shop on the way out, which has all sorts of interesting stuff.

A watch.

A mouth organ if he has any musical aptitude.

A trip to camden lock to select something from a stall without his parents, so he can choose it for himself.

A thirteen year old girl would be a really cool present.