People putting cones out to reserve parking spots

Otto

Instead of touching the cones, which as you say may pee him off, why not write a nice, friendly letter, anonymously and post it through his letter box. Difficult I know to write a nice letter under the circumstances, but it leaset it wont anger him, yeah it may annoy him a bit but there is no justification to get arsey about it.

yes - that is probably the best option so far - I am looking for a solution that does not involve malice, confrontation etc. End of the day, we are neighbors, and, I'd like to continue saying hello to him and the feisty dog.

If there are other neighbours that are also annoyed with this you may want to do just a general letter and post it through everyones door on the street from " the residents association" or something so that it does not look like you are just singling him out.

Get some inebriated students to wear them home as hats - they love such capers I am told. I'm sure 'hardman' doesn't like students much (hardmen don't you know). He will be happy as it will have confirmed everything that he thought about students, and you'll be in the clear.

Is the illegal cone placer on ondine road by any chance as there was a previous post about someone placing bins until they

got fined just wondering if its them that have resorted to the cones if so perhaps another fine is called for.

From Southwark Borough Council Regulations:

Question asked was; Is a trafic cone an obstruction?

Obstructions on roads and pavements

It is an offence to obstruct public roads, footpaths and pavements. Anyone found deliberately causing an obstruction without either authorisation or a good excuse can be prosecuted. We will enforce the law within Southwark and ensure that all public areas are clear of obstructions.

Please contact us to report any obstructions or hazards on public roads, footpaths or other public areas using the details below. Common examples of obstructions include

?builders' skips or materials e.g. piles of bricks, sand, concrete etc

?branches, bushes or hedges that overhang or block

?fly tipped rubbish

?road works safety barriers that have fallen over

?scaffolding or hoardings

?signs or advertising boards that are unauthorised

?shop goods or tables displaying goods on the pavement that are unauthorised

?tables and chairs from pubs, cafes and restaurants

?traders or vendors that are illegal or unauthorised

?vehicles that are parked illegally or have been abandoned

Sometimes obstructions can be caused by street furniture that has been damaged, e.g. bollards, litter bins or metal railings that have fallen over. The council will make sure that street furniture is dealt with quickly to minimise the risk to the public. We can also remove obstructions or make safe any part of the road or footpath that is dangerous, e.g. missing manhole covers etc. Our response times vary depending on the type of obstruction and whether or not it is causing a danger to the public.

I assume you're bringing this up as there's a shortage of parking outside your own gaff.

So stick a load of road cones outside your place to ensure parking when you need it. If some ponce starts giving you agro dish out a load of abuse.

That's your solution right there.

Cheers.

so does this mean the organic veg guy on northcross road who puts out cones is actually acting outside of the law and anybody can remove them and park there... and if he gets shirty the old bill can be called?

Perhaps hide a selection of amusing but faintly threatening items underneath the cones? If you could by any chance procure a dead mouse/old porcelain doll that might do the trick. Leave one cone empty and then sit back and watch the fun - at least then you will get a giggle.

martin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> so does this mean the organic veg guy on

> northcross road who puts out cones is actually

> acting outside of the law and anybody can remove

> them and park there... and if he gets shirty the

> old bill can be called?

Yes. he has no legal right to reserve the public highway for his own use over others.