Foxtons opening date

Quaywe

My guess would be: if you have a sale agreed before The Saviour's Day which completes in the New Year then you're ok. But only the one which is agreed before Crimbo.

But c'mon.. there's plenty of time to sell a house before Christmas.. you should at least have been surveyed which would rule-out any timewasters.

I would consult the flyer, but alas I binned it (along with the Damart catalogue) lest I get all in a tizz about it.

I couldn't agree more. It's not as though they 'generate' any wealth for an area. Fair enough theu do some advertising but really they ride on the coat tails and for me are the equivalent of a tax - push up value of property and take their slice every time.

A computer shop come internet cafe IT technical college or something - 'useful' - would be far more appreciated. Is there no master planning?

I'd generally be the last person to stand-up for them, but the anti-Foxtons bleat-fest is beginning to grate just a little now.

There used to be a wall there. Worse than a wall. It looked more like the back-end of a detention centre. Foxtons were prepared to put their money (our money, ha ha) where their mouth is and cough-up for the building work.

If Foxtons manage to close-down five other greasy estate agents along LL, I'll be happy with that. I can always use to glass front to check my comb-over on the way out for a night at the Tivoli amusement arcade.

I'm not anti-Foxtons, far from it. i've never used them. They look nice and flashy but hey what do I know? I simply object to the identikit approach to high streets with LL is in danger of becoming. Diversity is needed and if and when the economy takes a serious turn - as it is bound to - it would be better to have shops selling things people needed instead of want.

WE've had 3 letters through the door to a property we've just sold on Derwent Grove (1 each to my husband and I and one to 'The Occupier') - we've also had 4 through the door to our new property on Crawthew Grove. There's already 4 stands in the windows for their ugly plasma screens, and apparently there is going to be a cafe and masseuse installed (rumour only I stress). I was speaking to one of the workmen on site yesterday and they have heard there are going to be between 40 and 50 staff working there - aaaaggghhhh. Imagine LL crawling with smarmy Foxton-ites

GIven I live 8 doors away from them, I am seriously considering lobbying the council for residents parking. We will never get a park anywhere near the house if all those Green minis are trying to park close to the office. Residents parking is anywhere between ?45 and ?110/year dependent on the borough, and I think it is a small price to pay to be able to park near your place of residence! And apparently, most of the Foxtons staff automatically get one of these ugly company cars!!

Apologies for the rant - I agree it will make Lordship Lane look smarter, however that's how Putney started and it's High St has all but lost its villagey feel now that more and more mainstream shops have descended upon it!

Finally, a note to Mark who administers the forum - they are opening on the same day as your 1st birthday celebrations! I agree they could throw a few bob into the hat!

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'd generally be the last person to stand-up for

> them, but the anti-Foxtons bleat-fest is beginning

> to grate just a little now.

> There used to be a wall there. Worse than a wall.

> It looked more like the back-end of a detention

> centre. Foxtons were prepared to put their money

> (our money, ha ha) where their mouth is and

> cough-up for the building work.

> If Foxtons manage to close-down five other greasy

> estate agents along LL, I'll be happy with that. I

> can always use to glass front to check my

> comb-over on the way out for a night at the Tivoli

> amusement arcade.

Wise words indeed.

I have absolutely no idea why people bother with estate agents full stop. Property in the area will sell itself, so sell privately using an online site like propertybroker. I paid ?138 for them to do everything and sold my place almost immediately.

Estate agents are an unwelcome presence on Lordship Lane. They're either failed public school boy types, chavvy women or geezer blokes. It is sad that Foxtons are opening up, especially as they have such a dire reputation (following that BBC expose on them).