Public transport in ED..brixton so close but yet so far

bil

Sean, you have used to word 'troll' with me, often times, when it is highly inappropriate to do so. Plenty of examples on here if you want evidence, though i'm sure you can think of plenty of times too. I often find with you, if I have said something that you find difficult to respond to or disagree with you like to play the 'troll' card, because I wind you up, fair play, as I said to Jah, it really doesn't bother me at all!

When I have been invited to the drinks, I often feel that it is an attempt to get me there and corner me on my opinions, and to be fair, as much as I argue my corner, I never disallow others to have their say, repugnant or not. Peckham is a shadow of its former self, that is my opinion, perhaps my language can often be a little lively or in some eyes provocative - but that is my way of doing things, if you disagree then fair enough, it really isnt an issue for me. However, when it comes to being ganged up on, which I have been numerous times on here, there is your answer as to why I fail to attend the group meetings at various locations.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What is great about Peckham? Name me one thing. It

> is a stinky, smelly, crime ridden place that needs

> a nuking! People like you with your "i live to

> celebrate the diverse makeup of south london..

> blah blah" what a load of old crap. It's because

> of people like you that areas like Peckham are

> allowed to thrive, and nothing constructive is

> ever done about them! You've lived here two

> decades you say? I've lived here a lot longer and

> I remember it being a lot better, so I dont need

> someone like you who has no life experience

> telling me how I should remember better times

> thanks all the same.

>

> Louisa.

"needs nuking" - best get in me bunker then, please shut up louisa, from the way you are talking about peckham it sounds like you've never lived there and don't know anything about the place

DJKQ I am not out of touch with the world around me, and I find you extremely patronising tbh. You came down here less than 20 years ago from Liverpool, anywhere you live is going to be better than that s*ithole isnt it? Even if Peckham is a dive, it doesnt top the derelict streets and houses of scouser land does it?

I have lived in Peckham and ED most of my life, if I choose to have this opinion then that is upto me, you can disagree as much as you like, but you wont change my mind - nor will anyone else!

Louisa.

But that sounds so innocent, who could possible argue. It just doesn't tally with teh way you say areas should be nuked or I will get stabbed if I walk to Brixton. By all means say those places are no longer attractive to YOU but you don't need to then go over the line like you do.

I expect if you came to a drinks now that may be the case - I'm unliklly to be there tho - And it certainly wasn't true when I've asked you. And there has been manay a person I've locked horns with on here who, when they did show up at a drinks, turned out to be far friendlier and inclusive than before.

The P4, the Brixton express of course. I used to do it twice weekly.

If you live near the library best thing to do is to cut through the park and pick it up from College Road or the village.

If you're going to Stockwell it's just a short walk up Stockwell Road from the cop shop.

Plenty of good reasons to go to that part of town, South American and Portuguese food, live music and the best skatepark in London.

In fact since I've moved out of town I still go to Brixton regularly which I can?t say about East Dulwich.

Louisa you need some lessons in manners...THAT'S why people 'gang up' on you.

You are rude and ignorant...and I hope someone nukes YOU.

You thinks it's ok to name call people and the places they live in. I don't know where you are from, nor do I care, but I would never name call any place I'd never lived in and if anything your comment about scousers borders on racism.

Tarring a whole place and it's people with single brush IS ignorant.

indiej25 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I cant believe youve gone from slagging off

> peckham and Brixton to now slagging off the north,

> is there no end?

You could say that Louisa is a 'glass half-empty' rather than a 'glass half-full' sort of person :)

DJKQ, I am more than happy to talk about areas I like in a positive manner, where do I begin? Plenty of posts where I talk fondly of Chiswick, Dulwich Village, Bromley, North Devon et al. I've been to the north many times, and I really do think that huge areas of it need knocking down, your precious hometown of Liverpool is an ugly derelict place that time has forgotten about. I've been there many times and all I see greeting me on the roads and streets into the city centre is boarded up old buildings and factories on the verge of collapse, so I completely understand why you would think Peckham or Brixton is amazing in comparison, I also understand why you live down here, if I were you i'd have made similar choices myself! But for those of us lucky enough to be born and raised in London, areas like Peckham are no longer appealing ad theyve lost their heart and soul because folk like you advocate and support perfectly respectable working class communities being turned into slums. I shouldnt use the term slum on a northerner, you probably think i'm being nice about the place. Anyway my love, no hard feelings, just my opinion! :))

Louisa.

Bromley??? I now know you have to be taking the P. Bland Bland Bland. It has no redeeming features at all, no heart and soul to lose. Ditto the other places you quote.

Ever seen a real slum Louisa? Doubt it, if you had I suspect you would use the word with a little more respect. Even if you are just trying to be inflammatory.

Louisa you can't know Liverpool at all if think every route into it is lined with dereliction. The area I grew up in, north Liverpool has never been derelict and the further north you go the more middle class Liverpool is so your comments are utter nonsense. Also Liverpool like many northern cities in decline (usually from shipping) have lost anything up to half their population in the last 40 years (as people move to find work) which accounts for vacant areas. To use that as a slur on a city and it's people is stupid.

I also understand why you live down here, if I were you i'd have made similar choices myself!

You know NOTHING about me. I came to London because it had one of the few Universities offering the course I wanted....and because the industry I wanted to work in is BASED HERE...NO OTHER REASON............

Is that how you get on in life? Insulting people you know nothing about. I could say plenty about Londoners...how rude they are...and so on..but I don't...because I have manners and I know better than to tar an entire area with one brush.

As for working class communities and slums.....take a look in the drawing room...you'll see I argue all the time for the rights of working class people. Housing is particular issue I fight for (my roots are working class). Again you make ignorant assumptions about me. Slums were far more prevalent in the past than they are now. Your nostalgia for some golden past is mythical. Peckham has had massive redevelopment of housing over the past 20 years - mainly the rebuilding of 60's housing, for the better. It is utter rubbish to say that the area has gone downhill in all respects - it clearly hasn't. And legislation has been in place since 1985 to ensure that homes are 'fit' for purpose. Legislation that incidently didn't exist before, esp not in your golden past, where landlords and the properties they rented were awful.

But anyway...buildings don't make places...people do.....You may be London born and bred but London is a capital city and by nature is transient and has always been so. It has always been a hub of migration and centre of change. It seems you need a city that never changes - they do exist, but London isn't one of them.

DJKQ and you call me inflammatory? Your previous post is the biggest slur on this message board today and if you read any of my previous posts you would see that I am one of the biggest advocates of traditional working class neighbourhoods, regardless of whatever slur you appear to be making in your previous post. As I have always noted on here, people of all backgrounds have noted the decline in the shopping area spread along Rye Lane, and the fact that food standards and hygiene standards are at best 'poor' along that stretch of shops!

You suggest the Northern half of Liverpool is middle class, by whose standards do we compare? Incidently if you come from a middle class background what could you possibly know about the struggle of working class people in London? I've lived here all my life and I have as much right as anyone to tell people my opinion on what I believe has happened to the area I live in. You make many assumptions in your posts my love (something you blindly accuse me of doing by wrapping me up in some troll catergory), but at the end of the day you dont know me and will never understand the background and poverty my family were forced through, and we still lived in a Peckham where we would live our front and back doors open because everyone knew everyone else. I dont need a lecture from some university educated middle class scouser on "harking back to better times" - I was there, dont patronise me with your words.

Louisa.

Did you actually read DJKQ's post, what bit is harking back to better times???

Regardless of your background or the poverty that you grew up in, and many of people on this forum grew up in less than privileged circumstance, there is no justification for the fact you are just a rude individual. You slag off the area in which we all live, an area many of us chose to live because it is generally welcoming to "outsiders" (more so than the fancy echelons of Chiswick or the banal recesses of Bromley) and then you slag off peoples hometowns and want to nuke them because they dont look nice. Well sweetheart that's what a post industrial working class area looks like when all of the traditional industries are shut down. Count yourself lucky that you can still live in the area where you grew up and be surrounded by family. Many people from other parts of the UK and from abroad are pretty much forced to move away from their communities to get jobs. This is only likely to increase given the current rhetoric of this government.