Chilean Miners

waynetta

HAL9000 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Could they have done a sponsorship deal with the

> manufacturer?

Sort of. Someone in Oakley spotted an opportunity and sent over 33 pairs of $450 sunglasses. Not a bad idea.

According to the news yesterday, the miners' prolonged stay in the dark has rendered their corneas very sensitive. Not sure how long it's expected to last, but apparently their hospital ward is being kept dark.

I really hope their government protects them from the sharks who'll be waiting to take advantage of them and help them spend their new money.

Apparently they made a pact to split any money that is made from their stories, etc.

Will be interesting to see if the Presidents promises to overhaul the countries saftey standards to make mining safer and improve conditions for miners actually come to anything.

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> During the drilling they found rich deposits of

> gold and silver ore, which is nice!

Wonder if any of the miner found any when they were down there.....apart from the fellas wheeling them away on the trolleys when they got out thinking 'how did these guys put on so much weight?' who would know :)

I have just watched Panorama about the Chilean miners.

My god, it really hit home what those poor men went through and the effect it has had on them.

One of the miners, a 31 year old man, is really suffering from post traumatic stress.

He was shown, after his rescue, screaming at his family 'you don't know what it's like to die'.

His wife said to him 'Edison,you are not dead'

He responded by crying and saying how they could not ever know what it was like to be down there in the darkness.

Fuckk me!

I don't think any of my top tips could make him see the funny side of life.

Mind you, I don't think it makes most of you lot see it either. At least he doesn't spend his time worrying and moaning about Iceland being an eyesore or picking up a PCN because he was dopey enough to drive like a muppet.