DJKillaQueen

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There used to be a shop on Oxford St that sold a

> t-shirt with "Nobody knows I'm a lesbian" on it in

> big letters. I really wanted, but never had the

> guts, to buy it. I thought a bloke wearing it

> would be fabulous irony.

And a tall, rangy, shaven headed black chap was wearing said T shirt on Lordship Lane yesterday afternoon - sighted outside Co-Op at about 4.30pm. I thought it looked ironic.

• Administrator

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

... Worse still, Admin then go and

> publish that in a effort to reprimand the thread

> and I am forced to publically firmly out myself to

> defend myself from that. I'm not particularly

> happy about that. Admin could have pm'd me and had

> a discussion privately (as is usually the case)

> but on this occasion chose to do things this way.

I had asked politely on another thread to please leave it out and let it lie. That was ignored.

Some people don't like to confront antagonists, that's one reason the moderators and I are here, people call on us to help or step in on their behalf. Not everyone wants to fight a battle on a forum, there shouldn't even be battles on the forum, especially this forum.

Nothing wrong with a good debate here though, especially in the lounge. I've engaged in them in the past but you can't forget that a stream of jokes at the expense of one group of people may for some be a joke amongst friends and for others be a bit unpleasant. Similar references around race wouldn't be tolerated would they?

Anyway - bought any nice dungarees lately?

Dang - so much for my self enforced ban....has lasted all of five minutes (so weak!)......

I would rather deal with a comment about crew cuts and barbers head on in a witty or clever way than censor and pilory the comment (esp when it's obvious there is no malice intended). That's what discussion is and when it comes to serious issues, that clearly are racist or homophobic then the ONLY way to deal with them IS head on and in a public domain.

I have to be honest and say that if all it takes is a comment about barbers to uspest someone then they might need to ask themselves whether a forum is for them. I would hope that most people are capable of telling a comment that is laced with malice form a comment that is tongue in cheek whether they know the person writing it or not.

As for dungarees...I have a couple of pairs lol.....;-)

Well, given that everyone seems to be complaining, can I join in? I'm complaining about my post about the flavour of the Lounge being vaguely in the tradition of After Dark (RIP) and gave some interesting examples of After Dark incidents. Or they were interesting to me at least. And I don't consider the post was off-topic, and it was in the Lounge in any case, and in response to Admin's own point. So, I hereby register my complaint, because the darned thing has gone and there was nothing offensive about it from what I can see.

I accuse myself of the following crimes...

I have seduced Party members of both sexes...

I've been to the proletarian areas...

I deliberately contracted syphilis in order to spread the disease...

to my wife and other Party members.

Together with other agents, I have counterfeited banknotes...

wrecked industrial machinery, polluted the water supply...

guided Eurasian rocket bombs to targets on Airstrip One by means of coded radio signals.

I stand here, a victim of the influence of DJ KillaQueen.

Guilty on all counts.

I'm glad I was caught. I was mentally deranged.

Now I am cured.

I ask only for you to accept my love of our Administrator.

I ask only to be shot while my mind is still clean.