Great Gigs

Keef

Have two tickets for the Zutons.

Ticketmaster are cheeky beggars - they charge you admin costs of ?2.95 per ticket and then a further ?2.50 for delivery or the fast option. The fast option is to print them off yourself. I paid ?2.50 for the privilege. :(

The big agency rip-off; booking fees and delivery costs

Ticketmaster - charges you ?2.50 to print off your tickets at home using your electricity, your printer and your paper

Seetickets - charges you ?4.60 for special delivery but if they forget to send them to you or leave it too late to send them out (and this happens a lot), they make you collect the tickets from the box office but keep your ?4.60 special delivery money

Stargreen - if you pop into their shop before your tickets are dispatched and pick them up in person, they refund your delivery costs - BLESS THEM

• 3 weeks later...
NOT my cup of tea (big time), but I just wanted to flag-up to people that COLDPLAY are playing at O2 in December and that tickets are on sale from the usual outlets this Friday from 9.30am. I don't think there will be a presale but if I hear of one I will post it here. It's beyone me why they are so popular but there you go.

Famous Blue Raincoat is one of my favourites. Greatest hits is a pretty good introduction. With Leonard Cohen you have to take a lot of the lyrics as tongue in cheek a lot say he's miserable but he is actually very funny if you listen.

Sorry but the Tom Waits London gigs are still unconfirmed. Edinburgh and Dublin gigs are confirmed and sold out but he's just so cranky he may decide not to come to London at all.

On another note - SIGUR ROS - playing a very interesting gig next month at Central Halls in Westminster (not a usual venue for gigs - Arcade Fire played there a few years back). Anyway, there was a pre-sale but I was in meetings and didn't post it - now it's sold out. Tickets go on sale on Friday morning from the usual places. I predict it will go quite quickly though.

I'm just editing my post to say that the SIGUR ROS pre-sale is back on - they have more tickets on sale here:

http://tickets.klink.is/Store/DisplayItems.html

I missed the Acid Temple Mother gig. I run club nights at Corsica, and sometimes need a break from it, but it's easily my favourite venue in London.

I'm at Yellow Magic Orchestra at the RFH on the 15th which should be special. Saw Harmonia there recently, which was fantastic.

elipie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Macca at Anfield (sorry Keef)

>

> *Awaits torrent of abuse*

>

>

> I was at that too!

>

> Oh and hello everyone by the way.

---------------------------------------------

Hello!

Where were you stood/sat? We were in the Kop, which on any other time at Anfield I would have been made up. Just wanted to be on the pitch though. :(

Our seats were ?75 each and they were supposed to be the best. I don't think we could have been any further from the stage.

When the gig was organised, there were only supposed to be 21,000 tickets, but when they realised how many they could sell it went up to 37,000. I'm not sure if they were originally going to use the Kop and I think they justified it by the fact that it's such a prestigious stand. They should have just reduced the cost for them all and given us a refund/reduction.

It's a really cramped stand and I've sat there for the footy, but that's only for 90 mins (and well worth it). I'm 5ft6 and my knees were crushed against the seat in front of me, so I can't imagine how the fellas felt. 90 mins is fine - but almost 4-5 hours for a gig was beginning to take it's toll.

Still, it was a great gig and there aren't many that can say they've seen one of the Beatles from the Kop.

Anna - I also had seats in the Kop on Sunday night (although I didn't actually use them). These seats were sold months and months ago for ?75 each and they were sold as premium seats but were unallocated at the time of the sale. When the tickets were actually distributed and buyers saw that the so called "premium" seats could not have been any further from the stage, my guess many complaints were received. I had an email from the organisers offering me a refund (did you get that email?). It's pretty rare to be offered a refund for a gig so I smelled a rat straight away and took the refund. By that stage pitch tickets were back on sale anyway (like you said, the capacity had increased). I'm always extremely wary about buying unallocated seats because once they have your cash they can stick you anywyere. Bad news huh!