Spring babies club (due in March, April, May 2011)

I went along last time and it was great - suitably contained space for toddlers to run around in and plenty of space to sit on the ground with newborns. I can contribute a couple of blankets and bunting....

Ooh I fancied this too Mrs F - didn't make the last one as LO only few days old then....

It starts at 2.30 -4.

I'm supposed to be meeting up with my NCT girlies but will tell them to go there too. Weather says sunny intervals with showers at 4pm. Back up could be at coffee shop petit.... (forgotten name)!

Yak- thanks for feeling the pain of my 45 min intervals! They are mainly when it is hits 4 or 5am - think he is going to be an early bird - which is not good for me as I love lie ins!

Alexa- I'm going to Peckham library breastfeeding - Freddie was tongue tied and had little snip at Kings 2 weeks ago so have to go toe Peckham library for check up. Was there last week too! Maybe see you in there!

Look forward to meeting you all - new ones and old ones - Snowboarder - how time has flown by - can't believe it was 10 weeks since your LO arrived, remember your new arrial post and it doesn't seem that long ago!

Sue x

Hi

I hope you enjoyed today, sorry I couldn't make it.

My little one was a bit jaundice and we had to stay in hospital for 2 nights :(

We got home today at 1 and I couldn't find the energy to make my way to Peckham...

Hopefully I won't miss the next one :)

x

• 2 weeks later...
We cant make Tuesday am, bigger little one has her swimming lesson then. Hopefully come along next time, every day this week busy as have friends visiting baby L pretty much every day. If something happening next week we have more free time :-)

I love the sliding scale of acceptability here - 1 baby - horrendously hard work (and it truly IS), then when have 2 just having the baby suddenly feels easy...then when you have baby 3, just having youngest 2 seems ok!!

Umm - Lucas, 10.30 tomorrow?

Also - if anyone is around on friday mornings and fancies meeting up with some mums with babies under a year - you could try Bumps and Babes at St Faiths on Red Post Hill. I used to go with my first, and went along last week with baby sb 2 and met some nice people. Also tea made for you and biscuits supplied!! From 9.30 - 11.30. Really good if you want to chat through all those sleeping/feeding/coming to terms with life with baby things too!! I won't make it this week but will def try and go again.

I'd heard about the Bumps and Babes group at St Faiths and was planning to go along and give it a go this Friday - had intended to go last Friday but time just diasappeared and we didn't make it down there... But will try harder this week! Hopefully see some of you there too. Is there a similar group at Goose Green community centre?

Will try and make it along to Lucas tomorrow too (but knowing me will be late!)

I hope all babies are faring well, and that everyone is enjoying the arrival of the weekend. In Yakling towers it is being welcomed by the Very Necessary and Wholly Obligatory Gin and Tonic.

How do people feel about instigating a regular weekly meeting time and place? Tuesday mornings seems to work quite well for those with babies and toddlers, but other suggestions very welcome. In terms of where to meet, I'll admit to a personal preference to try out the Electrical Cafe by Peckham Rye (which seems to have quite a lot of room for prams and buggies) or there is Lucas Bakery, or Green and Blue.

Hope that all babies are faring well and treating you all gently.