classic board games

felt-tip

Horsebox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Perudo (or Liar's Dice as it's also known).

>

> A great dice game, hugely addictive.

They are slightly different as far as I know. I played liar's dice in California where you play with 6 di. Perudo has only 5 and some additional rules which I tend to ignore. It was supposed to be a game played by the Inca's. Either way great fun especially if you like bullshi**ing.

*Bob* Wrote:

> I don't think I could play Cluedo unless we were

> playing with littluns.

>

> Modern Art looks looks good.. might have to give

> that one a go.

Modern art is good. However unless they have changed the game since we bought it some years ago, it's for 3-5 players. On Amazon I'm sure I read that it was for a minimum of two players.

Conquer Club

This might be fun if you are interested in a game. It appears to be free.

RosieH Wrote:

> I can't get any of my friends to play Risk with me

> anymore, so if anyone ever has a couple of days of

> their life they'd like to lose to waging war on

> Kamchatka, do let me know.

Guardian reading? GUARDIAN READING???

I'm hellbent on world domination Quids - I think that pisses all over your poxy boutique hotels (where they probably serve pea shoots and provide Jo Malone toiletries). I'm sending the boys in from Kamchatka to kick your ass.

The first post..

felt-tip Wrote:

> I have been given a ?100 amazon voucher and I want

> to get some board games. Currently I have

> backgammon, monopoly and scrabble (deluxe, no

> less).

And you just missed me landing on your hotels.

I give two thumbs up for Liar's Dice! You can get a nice set for quite cheaply, and it doesn't have to last too long. Plus you can play drinking versions!

I'd say that this and the triple threat of Articulate, Cranium and Pictionary make for a formidable games collection.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Sara has an Instagram account called Bunhead Bakes. She started her business during lockdown, delivering far and wide. She then did lots of markets and also supplies local shops and cafes.   I wish her much success.
    • Chris Boardman makes a very valid point but he is also engaging in a serious piece of whataboutery and the go-to position for the pro-cycle lobby that we don't kill as many people as cars is blinkered in the extreme.  Let's be clear - there is an increasing problem with bad cycling - that video from NFBUK clearly illustrates the problem and the swerving around pedestrians (did you notice an elderly woman actually gets hit by one of the cyclists) and ignoring of infrastructure to make pedestrians safe is all too familiar - now is that bad design, or cyclist arrogance/ignorance? I saw Simon Monk on the BBC news last night saying that they shouldn't remove floating bus stops as that increases risk to cyclists - which can also be interpreted that he is happy for the risk to be put on pedestrians instead. For too long this type of attitude has created the feeling that many in TFL etc only care for cycling, that cycling is king and the only form of transport that matters but this can hardly be surprising if you install cycle lobbyists in positions of authority and power.   There was a lot of focus on how the changes to the Highway Code offered more protection for cyclists (a good thing) but many cyclists seemed to have overlooked the increased protection afforded to pedestrians with the new hierarchy of road users and the need for cyclists to give way to pedestrians at junctions - which you very rarely see.   And when I read articles like the below it is clear there is an increasing problem and when Strava has the Outer Circle on it's leaderboard it is encouraging cyclists to race and it will inevitably lead to more accidents and deaths like the one below. This sentence sums up the problem: The fastest ever public completion of the Regent's Park CCW segment, which is 4.4km long, was 4:49 in September last year, which means it was done at a speed of 54.8km/h, or 34mph. https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/strava-urged-to-delete-popular-london-cycling-segment-after-deadly-crash   I think it is time for the cycle lobby to start engaging in pragmatism instead of idealism - their increasingly negative perception is being crafted by their own actions.  
    • It's disproportionate as the number killed and seriously injured by drivers is so much greater. As Boardman said.  Tories did some great stuff on cyclist training, why not a positive message.  They have done a lot right.
    • What is opening next to the EDT where there was a clothes shop before iirc? Saw a license application in the window on the way past today.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In