Zippos Circus ..

BQC

Pearson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As i've already mentioned on another thread, the

> real problem is that it run by Pikies.

> And the problem with Pikies aside from them rudely

> trying to flog kitchen towels and clothes pegs

> door to door.

> Is that they are also liars as proved by our

> friends above...

How would you cope if you were put in the position of having to prove that allegation yourself?

I am the Founder and Director of Zippos Circus. I have nothing to add on the animal cruelty debate above, (Other than the accusations sadden me.) I believe all the accusations of cruelty have been answered by other posts here. I can confirm that to my knowledge NONE of the above posts have been made by people who are employed directly or indirectly by my circus.

F Y I - I opened another circus this year of comperable size and stature to my circus in Peckham, but without animals. Currently appearing in Manchester this weekend. The circus in Manchester is very good, some say Manchester has stronger acts than in Peckham. Nevertheless over 5000 people will visit Zippos Circus with Horses and Budgerigars in Peckham this week, and only about 2500 people will visit Zippos Circus without animals in Manchester this week. This reflects attendance figures across both shows all this year.

Zippos Circus was indeed founded after a cigarette lighter! I started my clowning career as a Fire Eater in the mid 1970's. At that time Zippo lighters were being used to burn down villages in Vietnam and it seemed ironic to name a clown after the lighter. Since that time Zippos has grown from a solo busking clown to the largest UK touring circus company. Zippos remains dedicated to producing quality family entertainment, in a comfortable circus environment, as well as providing free tickets for parents and children from disadvantaged backgrounds who cannot otherwise afford to visit the circus. Zippos has "gone green" with a sustainable environmental policy, we have planted over 2500 trees since 2001, all our waste is recycled where possible, and all trucks, generators and heaters run of bio diesel made only from re cycled chip fat. I do hope you all get the chance to visit and enjoy my circus if you want to, and welcome you feedback, just ask for me at the circus.

Martin "Zippo" Burton

www.zipposcircus.co.uk

I can assure you my post is from me, and that i am Martin Burton, founder of Zippos Circus. I write this via mobile internet dongle from my caravan here at Peckham Rye, while my son struggles to do his homework and my wife has a lie in ....

Come down to my circus and ask for me, I will be here all day today.

I love the circus because it is a world where a persons word is their bond, we do not lie and we have nothing to hide.

Martin "Zippo" Burton

Founder and Director, Zippos Circus.

Nice to see a post from you on here Mr.Burton, I enjoyed your circus greatly again on Friday night, thankyou. Sorry I did not manage to see you and say 'hello' this time. Until next year I guess.

I am a bit concerned that I am being stalked by the forum user called 'Louisanna' though, seems to know a lot about me, haha.

As I have said previously, I fell in love with the magic of the circus as a kid, and Zippos now being the circus that visits locally to me is my favorite, myself & kids love it, and I will defend it from the lies I hear being spread these people!

Adrian Corti Wrote:

and Zippos now being

> the circus that visits locally to me is my

> favorite,

Indeed, Zippos visits you locally in High Wycombe, locally in Southsea, and locally in Peckham Rye.. etc

The only stalking that seems to be going on is on your part.. of Zippo's circus.

Now - if you've quite finished making a prize tit of yourself..

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> Have reported your post to admin

> Pearson..hopefully they'll relegate it to the

> dustbin where it belongs.

Again DJKillaQueen, i could'nt agree with you more! That kind ignorant stereotyping should definatley be binned!!

Yes, *Bob*.

Or rather, he's stalking every community that Zippo's visits.

As soon as anyone says anything he doesn't like about Zippo's, from Hampshire (Southsea) to the Scottish Borders (Hawick), he's onto whatever media he can insert himself into: local papers, local forums... and often using the label 'local' when he doesn't live in any of these places.

Went to the show this morning and loved the entertainment laid on by a very talented team of circus artistes. Some of the acts are jaw-droppingly good. Shame there weren't more in the audience to give it a better atmosphere. So roll up roll up you gentle folk of ED and go and see the show.

PS the Palamino horses were brilliant.

PPS can I have my tenner now please, Mr Burton? (just kidding)

Martin - you won't be there next Saturday will you? I am bringing my children for the first time, v. excited. (I can claim a slight connection to you - my good friend PA was your lodger in your town house in that nice Cathedral city in the early 80s. P worked in the craft market. Yours was the very first answerphone I ever left a message on, come to think of it. When P visited you in hospital you made a very funny comment about what you didn't want for Christmas).

Anyway, I have only ever heard positive things about Zippos Circus from my many East Dulwich friends who have seen your show. Can't believe I have let my children get to the ages of 7 and 9 without coming before now.

Yes, his posting is rather 'nomadic', isn't it.

Though that said, I don't think Zippos is owned or staffed by tinkers. They have an internet site and are a registered company. Though the best way to check if there are any pikeys working amongst a legitimate, travelling fair, would be to check the local duck pond to see if any birds have gone missing, no? And if it turned-out that there were any of the travelling community were on the board of directors, surely they'd call it Gippos, instead? Though for that to happen they'd have to have a majority share, I think.

But, I've never heard of any animal cruelty in modern circuses, as I'm sure that animal welfare agencies and charities keep a sharp eye on them.

But Zippos is certainly guilty of assaulting my senses with prehistoric eurodance 'choons' on most of the rides.

Honestly, Mr Zippo. Every time your show rolls into Crystal Palace park, the first thing I hear, and what I've heard everytime it rolls-up for the past 20 years, is the base line and subsequent, repetitive chorus of 2 Unlimited's 'No Limit'.

Perhaps you could see about updating it, eh. Perhaps to coincide with this thread, and to stay firmly rooted in the '90s, you could play Crystal Waters' 'Gypsy Woman' on your rides.

Just a thought.

I am not "wolfie", whoever your little obsession is, and my post that's been removed didn't contain any racism. I don't recognize Irish Travellers as another 'race'. They're white, like me. And if they choose to live outside of the law, then they'll have to put-up with any supposedly derogatory remarks that their suspect way of life incurrs.

The first paragraph was bigotted and displayed prejudice against a group of people and therefore WAS racist. Given that most modern day descendents of Roman gypsies live in homes (many of which they own) and are law abiding shows just how ignorant your comments really are.

Anyway this thread is about the circus and animal welfare and NOT gypsies.