Iceland eyesore

sallyw

ImpetuousVrouw Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OMG. They'd have to shop in .... Peckham!!!

>

> I hope the snotty Bestards who are keen on

> socio-economic cleansing all become jobless or

> bankrupt and have to sell up and move to Croydon.

At least they'd have Waitrose and M&S in Croydon.

I'm not a snob, have lived in the area for 29 years except for 1 year when I moved away but have come back to good old South East London and love it, I don't think Iceland is unsuitable for East Dulwich but I would never shop there. I haven't been into an Iceland since I was about 7yrs old and dragged there by my Mum and from what I remember it was all frozen junk food but I may be wrong now, perhaps I will pop in and see how it's changed! I do an Ocado shop because they do Tesco price match and I can't always be bothered to drive to the Beckenham branch of Waitrose. Generally the choice of food is much better in Waitrose and for someone who cooks a lot I can never get all the ingredients I need in Sainsburys also it's a less stressful shop in Waitrose for many reasons. My suggestion would be to leave Iceland where it is for the people who want and replace Foxtons with a Waitrose!

I totally agree with DJKQ, there are some people on low income in ED that might shop at Iceland I myself like to mix and match my shops nothing wrong with that ED it not just for the middle classes to decide what shops should be here, my grandparents came here in the 50s from the Caribbean no doubt there are others to all over ED if anybody should have any objections is that generation.

barryrd2020 Wrote:

> Please please please. Can it be turned into a

> whole foods market, it's the right size like

> fresh and wild in soho. That would be awesome.

> Iceland is not right for the area

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh FFS :)):)):))

If you want an area without an Iceland in it, f**k off somewhere else :))

McCatllar Wrote:

> The wine is actually more expensive than most

> supermarkets...Lidl is the best for cheap wine,

> and some of it is decent.

xxxxxxxx

Eh? Three bottles for a tenner? Don't think "most supermarkets" can beat that :)

I think Iceland's wine is fine for the price - it's cheap plonk obviously, but it's not undrinkable.

Lidl might be OK but having to trek down to the bottom of Bellenden Road to get there is not much fun unless you live in that direction.

ETA: I once had some sort of fake Baileys from Lidl, and it was absolutely disgusting.

Narnia Wrote:

> The only Primark I know is the one in Peckham. I

> don't consider its shopfront to be good looking.

> It's just glass isn't it?

Did you know that in Primark you are not actually permitted to buy things? You are only to take them off the shelf, have a look at them and then throw them on the ground with the hanger or try and force them back into the middle of the pile you took them off, messing everything up ;)

Narnia Wrote:

> Actually Sue Iceland now charge ?12 for 3 bottles.

> I know this isn't a wine thread but recently I got

> a dozen bottles of red from Laithwaites online

> which worked out cheaper than that and the wines

> were delicious.

xxxxxx

what wines were they?

Don't ever join Naked Wines, rip-off disguised as charitable enterprise for budding winemakers.

According to recent tv adds,Waitrose is no more expensive than Tesco for named brands.

That's food for thought! To be honest Iceland always seems half empty and I woudn't be a bit surprised if it does close down. Lets face it most people in ED would like to see the back of shops like that. Its just plain snobbery.

"To be honest Iceland always seems half empty and I woudn't be a bit surprised if it does close down. Lets face it most people in ED would like to see the back of shops like that."

Who are 'most people in ED'? Would these be the people who have lived her since before LL started to get tarted up or those who moved in because of it? It's clear that enough people do shop there or it simply wouldn't be there.