Cooking help required...panic over...

Ladymuck

Well I've just tasted one...edible, but not exactly orgasmilicious. A bit disappointing TBH. :(

I might well pass them off as the East Dulwich Deli's!

Hopefully next time will be better. But thanks again, everyone. I couldn't have asked for a speedier response. I love this Forum.

Well, I think I might have been overly critical about the brownies earlier as I have just returned from the celebrations with an empty platter! Certainly the cocoa levels were spot on! So thanks to all of you who assisted during a moment of panic. xx

VeryBerryCherry Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They were most awesome and I loved the fruit and

> the nuts especially... Mmmm

You put nuts AND fruit in your brownies....? Oh no. Nuts, perhaps but not fruit.....

The Cinnamon Tree ones from Borough Market are good, as mentioned above. I did mention them on the best brownie thread in ED a while back.

Some I am meaning to try are in West Dulwich at the Bakery on the corner opposite Tesco. They look fantastic and are made with Valhrona chocolate. They are gluten free as well in case anyone needs to know.

Hmmm, I just don't like fruit in brownies. Fruitcake, yes. Carrot cake, yes. Stuff like that.

Green and Black's is good to cook with though......

Lady M, you need to get yourself a Tala Dry Measuring Cup. They are available on Amazon. I have three of them. Invaluable.

Does your scale not do ounces?

cate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hmmm, I just don't like fruit in brownies.

> Fruitcake, yes. Carrot cake, yes. Stuff like

> that.

Fair enough...it was my first attempt...and I wanted to make the recipe my own for a special occasion...but I shall skip the cherry choc next time around and see how that compares.

> Lady M, you need to get yourself a Tala Dry

> Measuring Cup. They are available on Amazon. I

> have three of them. Invaluable.

I'll check them out ...might save another panic LOL! Thanks.

> Does your scale not do ounces?

It does, but the markings are in "quarters" (so cannot gauge e.g. one ounce). I probably need some new scales - I've had these about 33 years. Hmmm, you've given me food for thought.

All of this cooking has inspired me

Not enough to make breakfast though, as I hauled mine and Mr VBC's ass out of bed to head down to Dulwich Cafe for a dirty brekky. Now back at home and back in my dressing gown.

But I am now thinking of cooking something nice for myself instead of dressing up and going out. I bought some fancy wild mixed chanterelles from the Borough Market... any suggestions?